The Technician must perform medical laboratory test, procedures and analysis to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Prepares samples to transport to reference laboratory. Performs electrocardiogram tracings for interpretation and assists the laboratory staff by performing the following duties.
1. Conducts chemical analysis of blood and body fluids to determine presence of normal
and abnormal components.
2. Reviews test results for accuracy and notifies appropriate patient care personnel of test
results that fall into the CRITICAL VALUE range.
3. Performs Quality Control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
4. Performs daily startup procedures, routine preventative maintenance on assigned
instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
5. Verifies proper instrument function by performing calibrations, instrument checks and
documents these activities.
6. Records on instrument logs any repairs, routine preventative maintenance needed
and/or performed on equipment.
7. Performs blood group type and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes.
8. Inoculates culture media from a variety of sources for the identification of pathogens
and performance of sensitivity testing.
9. Performs blood collection by venipunctures and micro-collection techniques.
Apply on company website