PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose is to provide outpatient clinical support to the Licensed Provider (LP), registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, and work cooperatively with the remainder of the department structure.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check the LP schedules frequently for any add-ons or updates.
- Review the patient's medical record prior to visit to verify completeness, including having test results available.
- Room patients in a timely fashion; verify patient identity and compare with chart. Obtain vital signs, height, weight, and accurate list of current medications and pertinent information needed for the physician/APP to assess the patient.
- May perform EKGs, lab testing, specimen collection, point of care testing, suture/staple removal and venipuncture under supervision of LP/RN.
- Accurately arrange for various hospital procedures and tests to be scheduled. This includes precertification, authorizations, physician orders, communicating with the patient, and adding to the LP's schedule if indicated.
- Accurately complete medical forms, process and route billing information to appropriate staff. (Example: disability forms etc.)
- Copy and release medical records according to policy.
- Document in the medical record accurately and timely.
- Notify physician promptly of any abnormal lab, testing results, or critical results.
- Restock and clean exam rooms after use.
- Maintain confidentiality of information obtained in the course of performing duties.
- Accurately scribes for providers as directed.
- Assist with set up of office procedures.
- Perform instrument processing/sterilization as indicated.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assisting Program.
- Currently a Certified or Registered Medical Assistant.
- High School graduate
- Current CPR training
- Completion of all annual requirements including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA, Safety, Employee Health service standards.
- Adheres to the hospital attendance policy
- Basic computer skills are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Normally Monday through Friday; as required by patient volume.
- May be subject to occasional overtime before or after normal working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Subject to frequent moving/standing/sitting during working hours.
- Subject to blood and body fluid exposure
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website