PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to provide hands-on personal care; perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy or nursing services; assist in ambulation or exercises; and assist in administering medications ordinarily self-administered according to a written plan of care prepared by a registered nurse or other skilled professional (i.e., physical therapist, speech-language pathologist, or occupational therapist) and permitted to be performed under state law; and consistent with the home health aide training. The services provided by the aide are supervised by a registered nurse or other skilled professional.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Maintains an open communication process with the patient, representative (if any), caregivers, and family
- Observes, reports, and documents patient status and the care or service furnished
- Demonstrates appropriate and safe techniques in performing personal hygiene and grooming tasks that include:
- Bed bath;
- Sponge, tub, and shower bath;
- Hair shampooing in sink, tub, and bed;
- Nail and skin care;
- Oral hygiene;
- Toileting and elimination;
- Safe transfer techniques and ambulation;
- Normal range of motion and positioning;
- Adequate nutrition and fluid intake;
- Recognizing and reporting changes in skin condition; and
- Any other task that the agency may choose to have an aide perform as permitted under state law and according to training provided by agency.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and healthy environment during delivery of care
- Reports changes in the patient's condition to a registered nurse or other appropriate skilled professional
- Completes appropriate documentation in patient records in compliance with the agency's policies and procedures
- Honors patient rights
- Demonstrates respect for personal privacy and property
- Supports the patient's and family's diversity
- Participates in case conference meetingsto include reporting of information and care concerns to improve care coordination
- Completes at least 12 hours of inâ€service training during each 12â€month period.
- Displays a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with patients, families, peers and in the community
- Participates in the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) program
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the program and responds positively to changes in workflow
- Complies with agency infection prevention and control and safety policies and procedures
- Completes annual competency requirements
- Consistently communicates requests, suggestions, concerns or problems to the appropriate personnel
- Consistently completes assigned responsibilities in required time frame and accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Clinical Operations
- Protects patient health information according to HIPPA privacy rule and Aultman policies
- Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation
- Supports strategic organizational goals
- Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- High school graduate or equivalent and must be at least 18 years of age
- Ohio State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) Certification
- Currently listed in good standing on the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry
- Prior home care experience preferred
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and verbally report clinical information to patients, representatives, and caregivers, as well as to other agency staff.
- Able to work independently and accurately with attention to detail
- Current BLS certification
- Valid OH Driver's License
- Must have own transportation and provide proof of insurance
- Basic computer skills
- Hours of operation with shifts as assigned.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Subject to emergency and other crisis situations
- Hazardous Exposure Category 1
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours (see attached Physical Requirements Addendum for details)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Apply on company website