Job Summary: Functions in an expanded role as a professional nurse, performing acts of medical diagnosis and prescription of medical therapeutics or corrective measures, in collaboration with a physician, performing duties, primarily in outpatient settings, and inpatient settings as required. The APP works with an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of supporting our mission, vision, and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients..
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direct patient clinical care in an ambulatory setting for a minimum of 36 hours per week (unless otherwise scheduled). In addition, will cover pager for physician on call for periods of time that are required under direction of supervising physician.
- Perform system examination of patients with specific acute complaints or stable chronic illnesses, initiate treatment for identified conditions according to written protocol, and work closely with clinic physicians in referring patients with significant abnormal findings.
- Promotion and maintenance of family health, including planning of periodic health assessments and screening for early case findings, assessment and guidance with regard to various health problems and continued maintenance of contact and rapport with the family.
- Management of common acute and chronic illness, including minor trauma, episodic problems, common chronic disorders, as well as counseling and education with regard to such problems.
- Manages referral of complex and high priority cases to the physician on duty with regard to complicated diagnostic problems, serious illness, complicated therapeutic problems, reevaluation of chronic conditions, etc.
- Works as a member of the health care team, and assisting in education of patients and the target community in preventive health care and health maintenance concepts.
- Maintain chart documentation, tracking and reporting systems as indicated for continuity of care.
- Close charts within the appropriate time frame.
- Serve as a preceptor to nurse practitioner/physician assistant students as appropriate to level of experience as a Nurse Practitioner (if applicable).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Participation in Hospital Activities:
- Integrative Health Collaborative Membership and Committees (as requested)
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals
- Efficiently uses group practice and healthcare resources
- Contributes to quality improvement activities by actively participating in medical staff activities, serving on various committees, including Integrated Health Care Collaborative initiatives, and suggesting and supporting process improvements
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Credentialed by the medical staff in accordance with current policy and procedure (if applicable).
- Maintain active and unrestricted Ohio license.
- Maintain BLS/ACLS provider certification and provide evidence of these.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- Obtain the minimum hours of continuing medical education as required by the State licensing board. Additional continuing medical education or practice-related education is encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional primary care medicine principles, procedures, and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment. Ability to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality patient care. Ability to receive detailed information and express and exchange ideas orally. Ability to perform under stress.
Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening, and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels, and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Apply on company website