BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The ED Transport Technician is responsible for transporting monitored / non-monitored, non-critical stable patients from the Emergency Department to inpatient rooms.
When there are no admissions, the ED Transport Tech will assist the “RN by proactively obtaining blood / miscellaneous specimens from patients with the purpose of testing and analysis, assuring efficient and safe delivery of all lab specimens to the hospital lab. Will stock department supplies, assist with selected patient care under the direction of an RN. Will maintain a clean and positive work environment. Provide an excellent customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Transport patients from the Emergency Department to admitted Unit.
- Transport patients from Ed to other areas as needed.
- ER/Radiology transports
- Will be trained in Cardiac monitoring
- Attend and pass competency in critical care EKG course and refresher courses on an annual basis.
- Specimen collection
- Department stocking, maintaining a clean working environment and upkeep.
- Patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering of phones and paging physicians.
- Able to communicate effectively and can read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Willing to work rapidly and accurately to meet Patient needs.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Observes Aultman Hospital dress code and wears identification badge.
- Complies with hospital attendance standards.
- Comply with Aultman Values, Customer Service Standards, and Staff Expectations.
- High School Diploma Graduate or equivalent
- Have the ability to communicate effectively
- Work effectively with co-workers
- Move patients in beds or chairs effectively.
- Attend and pass competency in critical care EKG course
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Emergency Department Transport Technician is accountable to the Emergency Department Director.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- 6:00am – 11:00pm or hours as required by the job. Occasional weekends, holidays, and off -shifts
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
Apply on company website