BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to perform duties as a Registered Dietitian for Aultman's Home Infusion, Home Care, and Woodlawn patients.â€¯â€¯Duties include coordinating all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, medical nutrition therapy, care planning, monitoring, education, and counseling of patients and their families. Duties also include communicating with the patient's physician, pharmacy team, nursing team and other care providers.â€¯â€¯Performs assigned duties in an efficient manner, in accordance with established procedures, and as directed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Completes nutrition screening, assessments, and follow-ups within approved time frame
- Provides medical nutrition therapy and nutrition education on various diets as ordered
- Makes recommendations for TPN, enteral nutrition, and nutrition supplements to improve quality and quantity when necessary.
- Communicates with Aultman's Home Infusion, Home Care, and Woodlawn patients and the patient's Primary Care Physician (via phone or fax) regarding patient's nutritional needs and makes recommendations when necessary
- Documents consultations, patient interactions and ongoing patient progress in progress notes
- Reviews and makes pertinent recommendations to physicians and care providers
- Regularly reviews client progress and identifies potential barriers to success in progress notes
- Demonstrates initiative to improve services and materials with little direct supervision
- Demonstrates an effective and efficient demeanor when in the role of primary contact person for Aultman Home Infusion Dietary team which will promote patient satisfaction
- Displays good interpersonal skills. Handles telephone information with courtesy, accuracy, and respect
- Exhibits professional standards according to Employee Handbook to enhance departmental development
- Is punctual and has good attendance
- Communicates issues or concerns to Unit Director in a timely and professional manner
- Completes miscellaneous tasks as instructed by the Unit Director
- Assumes personal responsibility for on-going continuing education
- Bachelors or master's Degree in nutrition
- Current licensure and registration
- Experienced in total parenteral and enteral nutrition therapies
- Basic computer skills are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard toâ€¯race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Subject to many interruptions
- Subject to irregular hours
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
- Defined by unit of responsibility
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Aultman reserves the right to revise this job description. Employment with Aultman is at-will, meaning both Aultman and employees have the right to end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason. The at-will nature of this employment cannot be altered by and verbal statement or alleged verbal agreement. It may only be changed by a legally-binding written contract covering employment status. Aultman will reasonable accommodate employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on Aultman or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
Apply on company website