Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform duties as a Registered Dietitian for Aultman's medically monitored Weight Management programs. Duties include conducting nutrition assessments, teaching group nutritional classes, reviewing client progress toward weight loss goals, and communicating with the client's physician. Performs assigned duties in an efficient manner, in accordance with established procedures, and as directed by your director to ensure that the community and corporate nutritional programs in Aultman Weight Management are successful.
Preferred Education: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Nutrition; current licensure; experienced in administering consumer programs and conducting individual and group nutrition education.
· Subject to many interruptions
· Subject to irregular hours
· Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
· Handles emergency or crisis situations
· Sits, stands, and moves intermittently during working hours
· Physical movement: lifting, bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, kneeling, and climbing stairs
Hazardous Exposure Category
· Defined by unit of responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicates with Aultman Weight Management MD and client's Primary Care Physician (via phone or letter) regarding participant's involvement in nutritional programs when necessary.
2. Instructs client on the various programs provided by Aultman Weight Management (New Direction, New Outlook, New Choices).
3. Documents initial instruction and ongoing client progress in progress notes and weekly status form.
4. Reviews and makes pertinent recommendations to food records of the participants in the various programs.
5. Facilitates dynamic group class lectures on nutrition topics utilizing multimedia such as power point, videos, visual demonstrations, and written handouts.
6. Regularly reviews client progress and identifies potential barriers to success in the various programs.
7. Positively motivates client toward weight loss goals by reviewing and encouraging known keys to success.
8. Demonstrates initiative to improve services and materials with little direct supervision.
9. Demonstrates an effective and efficient demeanor when in the role of primary contact person for Aultman Weight Management which will promote client satisfaction.
10. Exhibits professional standards according to Employee Handbook to enhance departmental development.
11. Monitors supplies and makes recommendations to improve quality and quantity when necessary.
12. Is punctual and has good attendance.
13. Communicates issues or concerns to Program Coordinator and/or Unit Director in a timely and professional manner.
14. Completes miscellaneous tasks as instructed by the Program Coordinator or Unit Director.
Apply on company website