PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of the Database Administrator is to design databases, develop maintenance routines, optimize functions, maintain security, database applications, provide necessary programming to extract data from disparate sources and populate data repositories that meet ad-hoc query, analysis, and reporting needs. The Database Administrator will accomplish this goal by performing analysis of the database performance and then proposing changes to hardware, database structures, procedures or other items to keep the system performing to business needs as well as suggesting maintenance routines, maintaining consistent backups and programming ETL loads, or extracts.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Provide database design, security, maintenance, and optimization of functions.
- Provides necessary programming to extract data from disparate sources and populate data repositories that meet ad-hoc query, analysis, and reporting needs.
- May serve as project coordinator to ensure program logic and/or procedures meet specifications.
- Conceptualizes project scope. Develops and maintains projects plans. Estimates time and resource requirements. Communicates directly with other departments in gathering information and defining project requirements. Meets with users to clarify specifications and procedures.
- Designs system specifications to meet for end-user requirements. Considers processing efficiency and code reusability/maintainability in program design.
- Evaluate and recommend products, services, and technology that will more efficiently meet departmental objectives.
- Ensures appropriate levels of system and procedural documentation are in place and consistently maintained.
- Develop/maintain databases (e.g. schema creation, database installs, and database administration), optimizes database functions, implements file retention and security measures, and backup and recovery procedures.
- Codes programs/systems in required languages. Utilizes appropriate tools to assist in the design, coding, and testing of programs.
- Keeps supervisor and users informed through timely verbal and written communications.
- Develops appropriate job procedures, scheduling information, and report balancing criteria, including creation and testing of automated balancing functions.
- Prepares and maintains program and system documentation according to departmental standards.
- Prepares test data and tests completed programs to validate accuracy according to departmental standards.
- Assists with training of new staff members.
- Develops implementation plans, and performs production turnover.
- Provides ongoing support of systems and training of the process.
- Provides emergency support for system problems.
- Performs various other duties as required.
- Process Improvement: Continuously reviews, recommends and implements improvement steps, as needed or directed.
- Seeks supervisory guidance/approval as appropriate.
- Portrays professional image: follows dress code; communicates with internal and external customers in a professional manner, including appropriate verbal and written grammar.
- Promotes and demonstrates professional standards to enhance the development of the department.
- Practices ethical conduct.
- Meets acceptable attendance and punctuality expectations (excluding FMLA)
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and is not a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status. AultCare is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
AultCare/AHF will provide reasonable accommodations to employees or applicants with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, unless such accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on AultCare/AHF or poses a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others that cannot be sufficiently mitigated by reasonable accommodation. Any applicant or employee who requires an accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment should notify the AultCare Human Resource Department and request such an accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree with two years' programming/analysis experience, or Associate's degree with four years programming/analysis experience, or six years programming/analysis experience.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with Structured Query Language, and experience working with relational databases.
- Hours of operation, shifts as assigned. Occasional extra hours, on-call, off-shifts (evenings and/or weekends) scheduled as necessary.
- Office environment with moderate noise level.
- Frequent sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, and long periods working at a computer.
- Occasionally walking, standing, twisting/turning and reaching upward or forward during work day.
Apply on company website