Job Title: Athletic Trainer
Job Summary: This position is responsible for duties included with Athletic Training and Wellness Services, with an emphasis on, but not limited to, athlete care in relation to injury prevention and treatment to enhance performance. Secondary responsibilities include that of an Exercise and Performance Specialist.
Job Supervisor(s): Sports & Wellness Manager
Athletic Training & Community Coordinator
Job Requirements: B.S. Degree in Athletic Training
Certified by BOC
Ohio State Licensed ATC
- Provide Athletic Training and Wellness services in accordance with the mission statement of Aultman Orrville Hospital.
- Fulfill all the duties of an athletic trainer at the contracted high school including but not limited to taping, wrapping, evaluating injuries, communicating with coaches and parents, hydrating athletes, developing rehabilitation plans within scope of practice, documenting treatments given.
- Manage and coordinate emergencies as they occur.
- Attend games and practices as set forth by the contract and the policies and procedures of the school's athletic training policies and procedures manual.
- Build professional relationships with the student-athletes to build trust for better communication of injuries/illnesses and enhanced performance.
- Manage in a positive way the psychological concerns of the student-athlete.
- Communicate with physicians on return-to-play issues.
- Inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Complete inspection/maintenance of equipment.
- Communicate with the Athletic Director problems that may arise.
- Fulfill the duties of an Exercise & Performance Specialist as needed (see Job Exercise & Performance Specialist Description).
- Fulfill Athletic Training and Wellness services at Aultman Orrville Sports & Wellness, Aultman Orrville Hospital, and the community as needed.
- Adjust schedule to meet job responsibilities.
- Complete annual employee requirement as established by AOH.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Apply on company website