Exemplifies importance of patient care connections through attributes of exceptional customer service, effective communication, and efficient navigation of the enterprise resources. Required to fulfill patient requests, according to specific service line and/or department directives. Extensive knowledge of service deliverables is continuously promoted to drive efficiencies in achieving one call resolution while ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Utilizes a telephone answering platform to answer calls for multiple areas as indicated in efficient and effective manner using standard greetings for opening of call, content/protocols related to call and closing of the call.
- Maintains expert working knowledge of database applications while ensuring patient privacy.
- Works as a team player, while consistently achieving departmental goals and metrics.
- Facilitate patient requests in a safe manner.
- Engages active listening and critical thinking skills to identify caller needs and effectively processes all calls per appropriate service line guidelines.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Must be willing to work in a fast-paces environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred. Superior customer service skills and/or call center experience preferred. One year in a medical office or healthcare experience preferred. Experience with computer applications preferably Microsoft Office, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Software.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
- Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
- Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
- Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
All related office equipment and supplies.
Apply on company website