JOB SUMMARY: Promotes environmental protection by maintaining healthy and safe medical facilities for employees and visitors.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- One year experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
1. Performs complete cleaning of assigned areas to include, but not limited to: dusting and sanitizing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures; washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents and light fixtures; sweeping, scrubbing and refinishing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpet; re-stocking restrooms; replacing light bulbs; and reporting repairs.
2. Heavy contact with cleaning chemicals, disinfecting agents, floor strippers and finishes. Majority of work is indoors but may assist with outdoor cleaning including parking lot, windows and roof. Various cleaning activities may include the use of a ladder.
3. Removes waste by collecting and transporting soiled linen, emptying trash containers, changing sharps containers, transporting solid and hazardous waste to compactors, recycling material, and emptying cigarette receptacles in smoking areas.
4. Keeps equipment associated with the job, clean and orderly, and reports equipment failures or other mechanical issues to maintenance staff.
5. Maintains safe working environment and provides quality service by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, infection control guidelines, and meeting departmental quality standards.
6. Attends all required in-service education and training classes including safety update programs to maintain technical knowledge.
7. Consistently demonstrates the ability to meet time schedules and deadlines.
- Prioritizes assignments to complete work in a timely manner
- Ability to operate equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Works occasionally in extreme temperatures and around unpleasant smells
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers
- Performs repetitive work according to set procedures
- Stressful, fast paced
- Works in contaminated, isolation, construction and renovation areas
- Exposure to individuals with various degrees of mental, physical conditions and illnesses.
Apply on company website