The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical relational database management systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our healthcare applications.
• Advises IS management on technology direction.
• Analyzes new and existing Database technologies to maximize the System's investments.
• Serves as a database administration subject matter expert.
• Defines and implements processes or architecture changes based on technology advancements or changes in technology direction.
• Possesses an in-depth knowledge of client's requirements and offers alternatives based on system capabilities and limitations.
• Manages and coordinates the work efforts of multiple vendors.
• Provides direction to associate, intermediate and senior-level project team members.
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
Environment is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to administration. Job duties will require high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Be on call 24/7(beeper) to respond to all database production needs. Ability to work in an air-conditioned environment. Ability to lift, place, and remove equipment weighing up to 35 pounds from floor to waist-high tables or shelves 6 feet above floor level. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• At least 5 years of database/SQL experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows systems required.
• Strong skills in SQL Server database administration required.
• Experience with MySQL, Postgres, Linux, SSIS and Rubrik a plus.
• Flexible team player and applies a sense of ownership and energy to tasks.
• Ability to organize and plan work independently.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
Apply on company website