AtriCure, Inc. provides innovative technologies for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) and related conditions. Afib affects more than 33 million people worldwide. Electrophysiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons around the globe use AtriCure technologies for the treatment of Afib and reduction of Afib related complications. AtriCure's Isolator® Synergy™ Ablation System is the first and only medical device to receive FDA approval for the treatment of long standing persistent Afib and we have treated over 200,000 patients over the past ten years. Additionally, our AtriClip Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Exclusion System products are the most widely used LAA management devices worldwide, with more than 130,000 implanted to date. For more information, visit AtriCure.com or follow us on Twitter @AtriCure.
The Field Clinical Specialist or Ablation Specialist role primarily supports field sales in the cardiac operating room and related departments in the following:
- Support during surgical procedures where company devices are utilized
- Training of surgical and OR staff personnel in the use of company devices
- Guidance and support for physicians during live surgical procedures, and utilization and/or operation of company technology
- Patient support and follow-up where requested by physician or operating room staff
This position requires teamwork and strategic planning with the sales force and Program Development team. The focus of the Ablation Specialist is to support the account development process for the company by providing a resource to the sales manager, physician, and operating room staff. Ablation Specialists must be able to train and support the surgeon and their staff in various procedures and support him/her technically in the O.R. and during follow-up patient care as required.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct training for the surgeon and medical staff with modalities such as didactic and hands-on laboratory approaches
- Provide technical and clinical support during surgical procedures
- Make calls on surgeons and support staff as necessary to discuss AtriCure technology, training programs, and clinical programs and trials
- Work in a team environment with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- Communication on frequent basis, reporting on case notes and product and clinical feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in an Operating Room, Electrophysiology (EP) Lab or Catheterization lab either through industry or clinical setting preferred, but not required
- Presentation and customer relationship skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people across all levels
- Computer experience with Microsoft programs such as PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must enjoy and excel at personal relationship-building
- Problem-solving / trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to travel 25-50% dependent upon territory and this includes day travel.
- Undergraduate degree in technical or scientific field
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Physical or mental qualification requirement – i.e. walk, sit, stand, bend, push/pull, lift (how much), travel %; O=Occasional, R=Regularly, N=Never):
- Regularly walk, sit, and stand
- Occasionally bend and push/pull
- Regularly lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift over 25 pounds
- 25-50% travel possibility dependent upon territory
- Position dependent upon candidate passing pre-employment physical/drug screen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as an individual with disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website