What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Graphics Performance Power Optimization Engineer
GCM in AMD is a team full of passionate on industrial skills, projects and innovations. We are responsible for Graphics Core Verification of APU products including function, performance, power, and popular benchmark and game trace analysis. Meanwhile, innovations on verification technologies are warmly welcome.
We are looking for a professional GPU performance/power analysis engineer, who will be focused on application performance and power analysis for GPU software and hardware design. Experiences in 3D Graphics technology, benchmark and GPU architecture will be key for success in this role.
To develop the best technical solution, you will work closely with GPU software, hardware and architect teams Involve in our cutting-edge GPU generation technical investigation and development process.
- IC experience in architecture/modeling/design/verification/low power/HWEMU/integration
- Strong Knowledge on popular games/benchmarks on GPU, familiar with rendering pipeline for OpenGL, DirectX or Vulkan
- Keen understanding of Graphic HW and SW issues & requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable successful interaction with a large worldwide team
- Performance/Power analysis or bottleneck analysis of GPU.
- Work on hardware models, emulators, and RTLs of different levels of extraction, explore architecture trade-offs related to system performance, area, and power consumption. Guide, carry out and review performance and power consumption analysis, experiment ideas on models. Propose HW and SW architecture improvements.
- Co-operate with architecture team on technology trends and co-work with SW team on driver improvements.
- Patents, paper, or awards are a plus
- BSEE/MSEE/PhD Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Requisition Number: 106886
Country/Region/Location: China State/Province: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website