What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
JOB TITLE HERE
GPU IP Design Engineer
AMD GPU IP team delivers all GPU blocks which are kernel part of our dGPU and APU chips. You'll be working with the global team on RTL implementation, verification, low power optimization and synthesis with challenging frequency and floorplan constrain
- Develop micro-architecture for GPU blocks based on architectural requirement.
- Develop RTL code for GPU blocks in Verilog HDL and make sure functional correct and reusable for different configuration.
- Synthesize and deliver netlist that meeting timing, area and power requirement. Resolve formality, lint and CDC issue. Help PD on the floorplanning and close timing.
- Analyze gating efficiency report to improve RTL quality and optimize power.
- Work with verification/validation team to verify the block function in block/system/silicon level.
- Familiar with Verilog RTL design/verification and has experience of digital ASIC project.
- Familiar with front-end EDA tools and flows.
- Familiar with C programming, unix/linux and scripts (tcl, perl etc.)
- Fluent English on talking, presentation and writing documents.
- Work is performed with limited supervision. Strong sense of task scheduling and deliver on time as predetermined milestones committed to manager.
- Possesses specialized knowledge of Computer architecture and computer arithmetic (a plus)
- Possesses specialized knowledge of Graphic processor architecture and graphic pipeline (a plus)
- Candidate is preferred to be MSEE with minimum of 2 years, or BSEE with minimum of 5-year experience in digital ASIC/SOC design verification
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 90292
Country/Region/Location: China State/Province: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website