What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Manager NPI & Strategy Program ManagementWhat's the Challenge?
AMD's next generation products continue to grab the attention of customers around the world. They are driving increased interest from many of our customers.
As a Senior Manager in our organization you will drive a comprehensive strategy for getting our new products introduced to market. In this role, you collaborate and partner across AMD globally to align the products and Supply Chain. You will drive regular engagements with our partners, develop presentations and reports, disseminate information that helps our engineering teams and our customers move in dynamic confidence towards successful product launches.The Person:
- Wants to Own Something that Matters: This is a definitive leadership role for our setting the direction for our manufacturing and operations strategy at AMD. It is high visibility and requires someone who will drive and deliver solutions.
- Seeks New Challenges: It is a hard role – those who thrive in this role love to tackle new challenges and are able to flex across many fields, both technical and operational, to overcome any obstacle.
- Tenacious: This is a fast paced role that requires swift action, constant communication, and never-ending drive for improvement.
- Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal skills and will be interacting with audiences ranging from executives to entry level engineers. Ability to comprehend complex technical challenges.
- Learns Fast: Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn quickly and to proficiently absorb new information.
- Adaptable: This role requires an ability to adjust to factors on the ground, guiding your team to deliver solutions while navigating real-time changes to business or customer requirements.
- Leadership: Able to lead teams of both direct and dotted-line reports to get results. Successful manages large scale projects.
- Drive an integrated, end-to-end view across all Global Operations' functions for NPI's with each member aligned to a business unit
- Influence and align with the business units decision making for supply chain solutions for all components of new products
- Connection-point between Business Units and Global Operations organizations for NPI execution:
- Transitioning new products from early sampling into production
- Push factories to get things done in support of NPIs
- Sequence of SKU sampling and productization based on binning capability of early manufacturing process / design
- Track NPI Health across key functional areas
- Test times
- Packaging / Assembly
- Planning / Capacity
- Extensive experience in Semiconductor Product Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in driving new product development in advanced semiconductor products from new product introduction through maturity
- Leadership experience running a functional product development team or manufacturing operation
- Experienced in driving programs for results working across business groups, design development, and manufacturing teams
- Demonstrated experience in achieving successful partnership with technology suppliers / partners (foundrys, OSATs, and packaging)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or another comparable field
Austin or Taipei (customer dependent)
Requisition Number: 84503
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Other Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website