What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
RTG (Radeon Technologies Group) Architecture team in San Diego is instrumental to the AMD's success. We create innovative hardware solutions to deliver world class GPUs. As a GPU architect, you will be working on one of the most exciting projects with the very best and passionate team.
A self-motivated graphics enthusiast. A team player with effective communication skills and creative thinking.
- Work with a team of architects for developing new innovative algorithms in the field of graphics and compute for low power GPUs
- Identify complex technical problems, break them down, summarize multiple possible solutions, and help the team make advances in Performance, Power, and silicon Area (PPA).
- Understand and improve existing and emerging graphics/compute paradigms and new APIs
- Work with subsystem architects to understand bottlenecks in low power graphics cores/SoCs
- Propose innovative solutions that can be implemented in HW with the best PPA characteristics
- Algorithm/Architecture of mobile, embedded, integrated, and low-power devices
- Architecture innovation in shading/fixed-function GFX pipeline
- Innovation in rendering algorithms (surface representations, texturing, compression, illumination, etc.)
- Technical collaboration with engineers and managers on multiple sites.
- Experience spanning architecture, performance analysis and graphics/compute algorithms; HW/RTL experience is a plus
- Excellent C/C++/Scripting (Python, etc.) experience
- Knowledge of Graphics/Compute APIs (DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan/OpenCL etc.)
- Knowledge of OS/device drivers is a plus
- Knowledge of Graphics/Compute use cases and benchmarks
- Knowledge of modern GPU architecture
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to details
- Strong communication, time management, and presentation Skills
- Effective Team player who focuses on collaboration and enabling team successes
- Master's degree or above in EE, CS are desired
San Diego, CA
Requisition Number: 91201
Country: United States State: California City: San Diego
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website