What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Product Development Eng. - Process Technology Integration
AMD is a semiconductor design innovator owning the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) which power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are passionate about driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's outstanding graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers.
Our employees, AMDer's as we like to call them, work hard, have fun, and grow with success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining outstanding employees.
AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in an outstanding company like AMD - Join us!
The Process Technology Integration will work with our foundry partner's process integration teams in order to drive yield, performance and reliability for our high-volume CPU/GPU/APU manufacturing at the latest foundry nodes. You will need to drive deeper engagement with the foundry to better understand their process, make the right decisions jointly in terms of evaluating and implementing process improvements, as well as provide the necessary technical inputs to other AMD teams across physical design, foundry operations, yield, product engineering, quality and reliability teams. This role will require you to interact closely with the foundry (across multiple fabs/nodes) and various global AMD teams.
You should have a passion for process technology and the desire to work at the cutting edge to make great products. You will need to “think like a process integration technologist” and influence the foundry and AMD global teams to make the right technology decisions for manufacturing AMD products.
- Guide in process and integration for advanced MEOL process integration loops such as replacement metal gate, Vt tuning, silicide and contact formation to active and gate.
- Detailed review of systematic defect and parametric signatures with the foundry, and oversight of MEOL issues across products and technology nodes, including across foundries where needed.
- Jointly design and analyze process improvement (CIP/BKM) evaluations run at the foundry for MEOL integration loop modules. Provide technical assessment for AMD process change review board for CIP/BKM roll-out decisions.
- Hands-on basic product yield analysis (hardbin, softbin & parametric data) as well as foundry WAT parameter analysis.
- Regular cross-product comparison and analysis of yield loss signatures, including the ability to understand effect of differing DFM/layout usage on fail rates across stdcell types/logic blocks/memory arrays. Able to provide process perspective for DFM/layout tweaks.
- Close collaboration with device analysis teams to understand structural and parametric fail mechanisms for yield loss, potential reliability and quality issues, and deduce process failure mechanisms.
- Work with supplier quality & reliability engineering teams to provide technical inputs for potential process excursions/material review board, as well as to assess the root cause of reliability/HTOL fails and drive the right corrective actions in the process flow with the foundry.
- Maintaining the MEOL "technology encyclopedia" from test-chip to volume ramp phase for all current technology nodes, including failure analysis/defect pareto/process change history and speculative process flows.
- Keeping abreast of forward-looking industry trends in the area of wafer fab process integration, unit processes, materials and fabrication equipment, as well as competitive analysis/teardowns.
- Professional experience in the semiconductor industry across multiple technology nodes/generations
- Experience with advanced semiconductor technologies (FinFET technology nodes preferred) such as 16/14/12/10/7nm …
- Hands on experience in unit process modules and/or process integration, with emphasis on MEOL related processes such as ALD/CVD/PVD/Litho/RIE/ALE/RTA/CMP and MEOL integration loop such as multi-patterning/SADP/LELE, replacement metal gate, Vt tuning, silicide and contact formation to active and gate.
- Knowledge of PFA and FI techniques used in Device Analysis, including the ability to deduce fail mechanisms
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact with and influence a wide range of partners including the (external) foundry and (internal) foundry interface, yield, product engineering, device analysis, test-chip and DFM and SoC design teams, in a globally distributed environment across time zones
Master's or Ph.D. degree preferred in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or Physics/Chemistry
Requisition Number: 90665
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website