What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Development Engineer
You will be working as part of global Software Customer Support engineering team to design and maintain the graphics device driver and other software components, resolve problem reports related to graphics device driver including troubleshooting, debugging & defect correction. You will work with different function teams across the world and provide AMD's solution to customer.
You should have a strong technical background both on programming (with C++) and system level understanding. And have the enthusiasm to debug and root cause the problem, and willing to talk to colleagues from different teams and work together to solve the problem and provide solutions to our customers.
- Work as part of the global Software Customer Support engineering team to design and maintain the graphics device driver and other software components
- Resolve problem reports related to graphics device driver including troubleshooting, debugging, & defect correction
- Specify, design, and implement new ASIC and software features
- Coordinate closely with peers at both Asia and North America to ensure timely and effective communication of all assigned work activities.
- Track the issues per assigned customer projects to make sure its in time assignment, resolution development and fix verification.
- Represent AMD software occasionally to be customer facing, for technical challenging issue explanation, status communication etc.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming in a x86 architecture in both kernel & user modes.
- Object-oriented design & programming
- C/C++ programming
- Experience with software debugging and related tool such as WinDbg or gdb in an x86 architecture in both kernel & user modes is a plus
- Experience in Low-level programming of hardware devices is preferred
- Experience with display technologies (DisplayPort, HDMI, Stereo 3D display, wireless display, etc.) is a plus
- In depth understanding of PC architecture
- In depth understanding of Operating System architecture
- Good software debugging logic and hands on knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skill
- Good team works
- Self-motivated, strong initiative, can work under moderate to minimal supervision
- BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience (higher level degree a plus) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering. MS or PHD is a plus.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 90421
Country/Region/Location: China State/Province: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website