What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Diagnostic Framework Engineer - Austin
This position is crucial to the success of AMD's Product Road Map and will be focused on providing critical diagnostics for the next generation of our flagship products.
- Motivated, self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively in groundbreaking, fast pace environment
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent technical communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Enjoys working with global AMD teams across multiple continents
- Develop and maintain Diagnostic software framework (The Linux driver utilized by CPU and GPU diagnostic software developers to write tests to verify AMD IPs on silicon).
- Collaborate with AMD software organizations to co-develop common features to initialize and configure AMD Device and verify them in diagnostic environment
- Verify Diagnostic framework on emulation, Simulation and silicon
- Collaborate with ASIC design team/SoC architecture to implement necessary features to enable diagnostic teams to write effective diagnostic tests.
- Participating in AMD's broader debug and diagnostic efforts to root cause silicon or design issues
- Extensive experience in C, C++, and script languages
- Demonstrated experience in software & semiconductor industry
- Producing quality software (architecture and development)
- Excellent knowledge of x86 architecture with an emphasis on hardware interfaces
- Deep knowledge of Operating System Architectures (Linux & Windows)
- Proficient with compiler toolchains, debug tools, and build environments
- Broad debug experience with JTAG and/or GDB to identify critical software bugs
- Linux/Windows kernel and device driver development
- Software performance analysis, optimization and low-level programming
- Knowledge of CPU and GPU architecture
- Work with the upstream Linux kernel community to present and implement new features in the upstream kernel
- Familiar with source control systems like Perforce, SVN and Git
- Hands-on experience with ASIC bring up
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. In EE or CS or equivalent is required
Requisition Number: 91064
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website