The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
- a valid CDL-A license, including up-to-date medical certification,
- a driving record that reflects adherence to all Federal DOT regulations, as well as State and Local traffic laws,
- previous experience in operations for a metal service center and securing metal loads is preferred,
- excellent attendance,
- safe work habits,
- computer and keyboard skill development
- Competitive pay
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
About the company:
Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service.
Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement.
Alro has an immediate opening for a truck driver. This position is responsible for:
- checking, securing and protecting steel loads prior to delivery,
- delivering material orders to customers on tractor-trailer flatbed equipment,
- assisting customers in unloading process, including obtaining proper signatures on delivery paperwork, identification of material to be unloaded, etc,
- return of any undelivered material back to home branch,
- operating heavy equipment including cranes, forklifts, and processing machinery, if needed,
- working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment.
Apply on company website