Allied Universal, the largest Security Services Company in North America, is a fast growing $8.3B Private company with its Corporate HQ in Orange County, CA. The VP of Business Strategy and Financial Operations will be a key leader for the finance team and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This talented leader will drive a series of project based initiatives across the company targeted at driving revenues, cutting costs, improving cash flow, penetrating international markets, supporting M&A, or other project based assignments to create value for the company. Unlike other strategic roles, this position will have a strong bias for both strategy and execution, as this individual will be heavily involved in implementation.
The immediate need for this individual will be to reduce our working capital Intensity through the optimization of our accounts receivable strategy and many new process improvements. This effort will be complex and sweeping, lasting 12-18 months, as it will involve significant changes to existing process, people, and systems. The role will report also to Vice President of Treasury during this initiative to achieve results and drive performance regarding the collections process. The VP will be responsible for evaluating the Accounts Receivable lifecycle, identify gaps, recommend modifications and implement technology to impact change and deliverables. The objective is to reduce past due receivables to a set DSO targeted level. .
Candidates that have consulting experience from a major US firm that have implemented business transformations around people, process and technology are encouraged to apply. Experience with accounts receivables is very useful.
Primary Responsibilities on First Initiative: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Evaluate AR lifecycle, identify gaps, recommend modifications and implement tools and approved changes.
- Must rework current AR collection process to world class standard.
- Must partner with IT and shared services to address root cause issue (invoicing errors, etc.) through technology enhancements.
- Manage a remote team. Upgrade team to world class standard.
- Align team to support collections by region and deliver improved results across the country. Accountable to provide 10%+ reduction in DSO
- Partner well with key functions: customers, operators, shared services.
- Analyze AR dataset, silo areas of concern and communicate to stakeholders.
- Create value added weekly dashboard (with FP&A) to track progress, both weekly and against quarterly and annual goals.
- Manage software relationships between AR platform (WinTeam) and DOMO.
- Direct AR monthly close working directly with Treasury and Controllers group.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: after the successful completion of this initiative, the candidate will focus on other strategic initiatives to drive value. Other duties or responsibilities that may typically be assigned to this position include but are not limited to:
- Create a high energy culture grounded in customer service, positivity, results orientation, and winning by progressing goals every day.
- Focus on initiatives to drive revenue, cut costs, leverage scale, expand globally, And many others.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree and high level of achievement from a top university, MBA preferred with a minimum of ten years related experience.
- Investment banking experience a plus. Strong financial background in a leading large company helpful as well.
- Prior experience in consulting and process improvement in a service industry.
- Proven track record of business success, achievement, and promotion
- Strong ability to identify challenges and present solutions for improvements
- Must be able to work long hours and ensure a high level of responsiveness throughout the evening and weekend, ability to travel once a month or as needed.
- Proven leadership skills which include recruiting and staffing to build a strong team to deliver accurate and timely reporting.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Apply on company website