Allied Universal® Janitorial Services is uniquely capable and personally committed to delivering exceptional janitorial services. All full-time positions offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture.
Allied Universal Janitorial Services is seeking the position of a Entry Level Maintenance Technician.
Pay rate 16.75 / Hour
As a Maintenance Technician for Allied Universal Janitorial Services, you will be responsible for performing routine electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, architectural features/finishes and systems' maintenance for the facility to the client's standards. The Technician will also approach work with a "safety first" attitude by following all safety practices, policies, and procedures, promoting safe working conditions, and ensuring the proper maintenance and organization of all equipment; make arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment to avoid service disruptions.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent for full time positions.
- Certain positions may require successful completion of a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Effective communication skills with customer, patrons, and employees- assisting others in a friendly and engaging manner at all times.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- A proactive approach in anticipating, listening to, understanding, and responding to customer needs
- Experience providing quality maintenance services in all trades - HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry. Read and interpret schematics and building plans and have strong electrical background
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards for maintenance programs.
- Possess basic computer proficiency.
- Strong attention to detail and reliability on completing tasks that can be repetitive.
- Able to:
- Work in various working conditions and environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat for extended periods.
- Ability to operate various cleaning equipment and machinery including scrubbers, pressure washer, and carpet extractor.
- Ability to climb ladders, stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry items and/or machinery up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to grab, twist, bend, stoop, kneel, reach overhead, and operate equipment frequently and repetitively during working hours.
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.
Apply on company website