AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Beach
Excellent opportunity for a Dynamic, "Hands- On" Supervisor to open, supervise and train the housekeeping staff at the NEW AC by Marriott , Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Job overview
Supervising the performances of as well as training all room attendants, housemen, laundry attendants and public area attendants at the New AC by Marriott on Ft. Lauderdale Beach
General cleaning by Marriott branded standards as well as the correction of deficient conditions, behavior, and work practices to elevate and maintain all brand standards.
Must be willing to step in and assist room attendants, housemen, laundry as well as public spaces as necessary.What you will be doing
- Opening Housekeeping Supervisor at the new AC by Marriott on Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Inspect Guest rooms , guest areas, employee areas and assess compliance with all established standards as they relate to cleanliness, maintenance, safety and security.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, brand standards and applicable laws. Responsibilities include helping to interview, assisting in hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper with the scheduling of staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two‑year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Six months to one year related experience and /or training
Marriott Brand training preferredBenefits
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- 401k - 4% Match
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days
- Company Travel Discounts
Apply on company website