Job Description Details
UX Designers are responsible for the customer experience (CX), usability, interaction and UI design for Zulily customers and/or users of our enterprise software. This person will work closely with Technology, Business, and Marketing partners to create new features and experiences that support the Zulily brand and deliver on our company mission to encourage discovery, defy convention and obsess about the customer. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience applying UX best practices that result in measurable, impactful solutions, will demonstrate cross-platform thinking, and possesses user-centered design abilities as well as foundational visual design skills. Our ideal candidate is innovative, a strong communicator, and relentlessly focused on the customer experience. Work will range from but is not limited to: responsive site design, mobile app design for iOS and Android and feature-level UI and interaction design across all platforms.
What you'll do:
- Gather requirements and design, document and deliver timely UX research findings and designs for a variety of e-commerce and workflow scenarios while maintaining the Zulily brand and UX design standards.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and other designers to continuously improve and innovate user experience.
- Serve as primary point of contact for engineering and product management teams for the projects you own.
- Anticipate obstacles and friction, and effectively articulate and manage risks, trade-offs, and recommend prioritization based on a balance of customer impact, business needs, and technical constraints.
- Use UX methodologies to deliver across all phases of product development process: discovery, research, design, build, iteration and analysis. Document and report on findings.
- Actively participate in weekly and monthly planning and prioritization.
- Makes and implements recommendations to improve product performance.
- Management of day-to-day work. Keep and set deadlines and look for areas of improvement to maximize efficiency.
- Identify new ways to solve problems and create unique, innovative solutions to drive product enhancement and improve customer experience.
- 2+ years' professional experience in UX/Product design and a solid understanding of the relationship between content, visual design, user interface and technology is required.
- Strong visual design skills necessary and outstanding design portfolio of interactive projects required.
- Exhibit stylistic breadth, consistency, attention to detail balanced with beauty, innovation and usability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Exceptional understanding and appreciation of web technologies, trends and user interface solutions.
- High level of proficiency in Sketch, prototyping tools, UserTesting, or equivalent programs
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website