Job Description Details
Zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, Reno, Columbus and Bethlehem, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day – and we are just getting started.
As a Software Engineer II at Zulily, you are chartered with building the technology that powers the second fastest growing online retailer in history. Our incredible growth means we face new challenges on a consistent basis. In this position, you must explore new technologies and collaborate with other engineers to design and build world-class technical services. Your team deploys production code rapidly to keep pace with Zulily's changing business, you are mindful of avoiding technical debt, and you take ownership of your team's roadmap and everything you do.
In the Zulily Supply Chain Technology group we control what happens inside the four walls of our fulfillment centers. Directing where new items are stowed, determining when items for orders are picked from storage, directing their ride through all the conveyers, sorters, baggers, and boxing stops on the way out the door to shippers and finally to our customers. Being part of this team, we promise a mix of computer science, engineering, and optimization as you help solve these real-world problems.
If this sounds like what you are looking for in your next job, read on to see if you have the skills we are looking for!
What You'll Be Doing
· Design, develop, and maintain the services used to run multiple large fulfillment centers
· Work collaboratively across teams and departments, with other engineers and stakeholders
· Research and promote new technologies and practices that make sense for our use-cases
· Understand and deploy changes to production, following through to verify the health of systems and the effects of changes yourself
· Design with technical debt, product health, and maintainability in mind
· Java / Kotlin
· Object-oriented, RESTful, stateless, highly-available, Dropwizard Java microservices
· CI/CD via Gitlab pipelines and Helm
· Multiple Kubernetes clusters
· Exposure to development on AWS
· .NET/SQL Server (nice to have ... migrating away)
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required. A combination of education plus equivalent work experience may be considered.
· 3+ years programming experience (Java / Kotlin preferred)
· Ability to think system wide and translate business requirements into code
· Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach and ability to measure impact of project and product deliverables
· Passion for data-driven product design, development, and maintenance
· Strong appreciation for product health, performance; an eye for SLA/SLOs, an awareness of how performance will vary with variable load
· Strong software engineering skills; an appreciation for future feature development, reduction of technical debt, maintainable software, and domain-driven development
· Ability to communicate and iterate collaboratively on product requirements, design, and milestones
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website