Job Description Details
Senior Buyers are responsible for independently driving all aspects of their business. They are the champion of the business by leading the product assortments, negotiating and developing strategic vendor partnerships, and delivering great brands and products at an amazing value proposition.
Our ideal Senior Buyer is ambitious in nature, manages priorities, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, organized, adept at delegating and passionate about the retail industry. Partners with Merchandise Manager on overall category business strategies, as well as team development. They are viewed as leaders on the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Deliver on financial goals with respect to division and category goals
- Leader in Brand Management: Responsible for setting the example for sharing vendors
- Thinks beyond individual portfolio and category. Recognizes when it is time to right size their portfolio
- Focuses on product, category and new emerging trends
- Steps back and recognizes/celebrates the success of the team
- Champions the business. Thinks globally
- Leadership: Is a role model; thought of as the go to person; steps up and leads meetings and trainings
- Delegation – responsible for allocating duties to the team
- Identifies/actively seeks out brands, trends, products and white space that represent our customer's needs
- Is a passionate negotiator and shares knowledge with the team as coach and mentor
- Responsible for areas including compliance, quality and operational metrics (metrics including weekly PO to ship, margin, demand, reused styles, etc.)
- Partners with the Merchandise Manager on calendar curation
- Collaborative across the merchandising team and with cross functional groups
- Ability to remain flexible and willing to change strategies as business needs dictate
- Required to develop, coach and mentor. Has an invested interest in their teams' career growth
- Active participants in driving company and Merchandising initiatives
- Is able to step in when Merchandise Manager is unavailable
- Actively demonstrates managerial courage, and is able to communicated with all levels of the organization
- Identifies areas of opportunity, is solution focused and appropriately communicates to senior leadership
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of work and experience
- Minimum of 5+ years' buying experience or relevant retail experience, plus 3 years management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising financials and the ability to manage profitability
- Experience in ecommerce preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10%
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts, and merchandise on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
zulily is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website