Job Description Details
We want every customer to be a passionate fan of Zulily. We create highly personalized experiences throughout the customer journey which produce an incredible volume and velocity of data. We are looking for a talented Senior Analyst dedicated to generating powerful insights that will enable our performance pricing function to drive customer loyalty and growth. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, data-driven culture that is changing the way data and technology are used to shape eCommerce.
You will be part of a new Pricing Analytics team that is responsible for optimizing and automating global retail pricing at Zulily. You will focus on optimizing the pricing of our ever-changing assortment while driving efficiencies that allow our buyers to reach new heights. You will build scalable data solutions and products, that will enhance Zulily's price leadership and support profitable growth across multiple channels. This role will be highly cross-functional where you will partner closely with Merchandising, Product Management, Finance and Data Science teams. You will drive projects from beginning to end and communicate insights to stakeholders at all levels, from peers to executives.
The successful candidate will have relentless curiosity and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis to identify opportunities. Moreover, this person will excel at extracting insights from data and converting ideas to action.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead analyses using data, insights, measurement, and data science to influence and support short-term and long-term retail pricing strategy and align with business goals.
- Analyze data to identify trends in customer buying behavior and conversion rates to drive price optimization across customer segments.
- Identify customer buying patterns across different product categories to inform customized pricing strategies for different departments and channels.
- Ideate new promotion ideas to drive demand of slow-moving products and aged inventory.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Product teams to drive development of new features and capabilities that enhance pricing efficiency.
- Apply innovative solutions in areas like experimentation, customer segmentation, forecasting, lifetime value, and incrementality.
- Use customer centric data analysis to measure performance, test hypotheses, develop insights and make recommendations that drive the highest incremental gains.
- Develop and streamline necessary reporting, dashboards and one-off analyses, providing ability to monitor initiatives while effectively communicate performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and operationalize KPIs for short and long-term measurement that align with company financial goals and pricing initiatives.
- Prepare and present quantitative analyses to influence peers as well as C-level leadership.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of pricing, business operations, financial modeling and/or management consulting experience or 3 years plus a Master Degree.
- An experienced analyst who loves digging into data, structuring problems, and building models and analyses that you can translate into actionable business recommendations.
- The passion to drive customer growth using data-driven insights; a background in eCommerce is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative or computer science field or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven approach; ability to measure the impact of project deliverables.
- Advanced capabilities in extracting and manipulating large data sets using SQL or similar.
- Skilled in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau (or similar dashboard software). Familiarity with R or Python.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish solid relationships with stakeholders and teammates.
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website