Job Description Details
Are you Customer Insights obsessed? Love being the voice of the customer within your organization?
Zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customer something new and special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts. We give customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven. We are a team that is passionate about delighting our mom customers.
The Marketing Manager, Customer Insights represents the voice of the customer across Zulily, driving customer advocacy and brand strategy. This role is responsible for monitoring brand health and using customer insights to create and manage brand marketing programs that drive awareness, consideration, and loyalty.
Consumer Culture and Advocacy
- Inspires curiosity about and respect for our consumers with our organization.
- Encourages opportunities to bring cross-functional team members closer to consumers.
- Communicates research findings to organizational leadership.
- Serves as an empathetic representative for the consumer and their wants and needs and translates them into business opportunities.
Strategy and Brand Vision Support
- Influences the executive team and cross organization partners during strategic planning and situation assessments by incorporating consumer learning into strategy and opportunities.
- Ensures that all activities will serve to endear the brand with current consumers and extend its relevance to new consumers.
- Makes recommendations on product / product guidance grounded in consumer knowledge and guided by a broader understanding of the business.
Project / Partner Management
- Owns the brand research partner relationship on projects by setting a clear understanding of project scope, budget, and deliverables.
- Manages all deliverables within the SOW, evaluates brand tracker results and key learnings and presents implications to internal stakeholders
- Ensures research projects are designed to ask the right question and address important business issues (audits quarterly).
- Owns mom personas and continuously looks for ways to highlight our real customers (and their preferences) in an actionable way.
- Conducts a variety of research methods such as: concept/copy testing, brand/product assortment preference, copy testing, advertising development, etc.
- Communicates actionable unbiased recommendations on how to move the business forward by delivering solutions that surprise and delight the consumer and win with our moms
- Manages and executes the consumer/customer research projects (or initiative) to uncover unmet needs and identify which opportunities have the most potential for the business
- Partners with the brand social team, customer service and loyalty team to develop new and innovative ways to communicate with and tap into our customer fan base (creating a community) and celebrate them
- Partners with and participates in insight driven innovation sessions with the UX team to develop solutions that drive profitable growth
- Manages the research that determines if an idea/brand meets the appropriate criteria to resonate with mom
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing role either at an advertising agency, research company or on the client side.
- Experience with a wide array of product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Exceptional analytical skills with experience in statistical modelling and analysis
- Experience developing written documents in a professional setting
- Experience building customer segments, personas, communication frameworks, connectivity plans
- Experience working in retail or a consumer lifestyle brand preferred
- Strong organization, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate with peers, work effectively in a cross-functionally
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website