Plans, schedules, and directs staff under the direction of the maintenance manager and external contractors in the mechanical maintenance of buildings and grounds. Assists development of, and maintains an operating budget to ensure that such maintenance is carried out on a cost-effective basis. To ensure that such facilities remain operational, oversees the regular maintenance of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities.
Job Description Details
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri, 4:00P-1:30A
- Maintains and assists in the development of new department and company standards
- Develops and implements short and long term goals for the department in coordination with corporate management.
- Maintains and monitors department operating budget to ensure expenses are within established budgetary allocations and provides explanations for all variances. Manage an expense budget for repairs, maintenance, overtime, and inventory for building mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, and automation equipment.
- Manage staff efficiency, utilizing computer software, developing department guidelines and procedures. Continually updating and improving efficiency and response time to minimize downtime.
- Manage equipment, building, and related services, and forecasting any possible problems or defects that may occur (to the most minute detail) to ensure an uninterrupted 24 hour/ 7days a week television broadcast. This includes on-call availability anytime.
- Manage contracts and their performance, efficiency, and value, to most effectively ensure an acceptable level completeness.
- Manage projects (capital and expense), facility requests, PM's, and special events.
- Responding to critical company needs and/or requests.
- Supervises a portion of the maintenance staff. Assists with interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels, and terminates
- employees. Provides training and develops the skills of the staff. Provides motivation, coaching, support, and guidance to personnel by reviewing performance and providing timely feedback. Provides a safe environment for employees to work in.
- Provide CMMS reports summarizing scope of activities and detailed costs.
- Acts as direct back-up to the maintenance manager when absent.
- 5+ years of experience supervising maintenance teams
- 3+ years of experience performing preventative maintenance
- Strong knowledge of CMMS systems
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and other MS Office programs
- Experience with industrial electrical, project management and blueprint and electrical schematic reading preferred
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website