Dir Technical Program Management (zu)
Job Description Details
Zulily is an online retailer that offers new, well-priced products every day. We help customers continually discover unique and exciting items at incredible value. Zulily strives to deliver three unique elements each day to every one of our customers – fresh (products, brands), boutique (unique, unexpected items), and value (great low prices).
Zulily serves over 6M active customers across the world delivering products from over 15,000 brands. We operate country-specific storefronts in 8 countries (US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, Singapore, Hong Kong). 70% of our orders come from mobile devices, one of the highest in retail, while over 90% of our orders come from repeat customers, an indication of strong customer loyalty. Zulily uses 100 new events (mini storefronts) to launch over 9,000 products daily, 30% are which are new, delivering a high degree of freshness to the site.
Our technology organization is an extremely talented team focused on delivering solutions for our core customer – Mom. We believe in winning as a team and many of our strategic initiatives are cross-functional and we need a strong leader to help with optimizing how we are delivering these initiatives, including looking for opportunities to remove impediments and streamline ways of working. Ideal candidates are passionate about problem solving, driving clarity and focus with the appropriate sense of urgency, leveraging data to inform on-going continuous improvement. Zulily is a dynamic outcome-focused learning organization, focused on innovation, experimentation and delivering value to our customer, Mom.
We're looking for an experienced Director of Technical Program Management to build and lead a team of Technical Program Managers (TPM) that will drive program execution for our technology team. You'll work alongside Product and Engineering leaders to implement best practices for high quality product delivery, including identify technical dependencies and improvements. This is a unique opportunity to drive technical excellence and industry practices at scale.
- Drive program delivery, process design and execution of large cross-functional programs
- Define and drive execution of technology roadmaps across multiple development areas
- Proactively identify and resolve technical dependencies/impediments that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Solve complex problems, provide transparency and make decisions based on data
- Be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively across multiple organizational boundaries, and adept at synthesizing a variety of metrics to make sure the organization is trending in the right direction
- Build and earn trust with your direct team, the broader technology organization and stakeholders: listen, be inclusive, treat others with respect, and be willing to be vocally self-critical
- Relentlessly champion best practices in a continuously evolving and dynamic environment
- Drive continuous improvement of delivery process and methodology using data and information from teams to identify issues and ways to improve
- 8 - 10 years of combined Technical Program Management, Engineering, Technical Product and/or Technology Delivery experience
- 5+ years managing people ranging from individual contributors to senior management roles
- Experience with program managing large-scale, cross-functional programs related to digital commerce, merchandising, supply chain & fulfillment systems, API integrations, cloud managed services
- Strong understanding of technology architecture concepts, software & product development
- Strategic thinker that has helped organizations scale & mature technology execution
- Proven track record of collaborating with product management, engineering, UX, Data and Infrastructure to make program execution successful, including strong knowledge of technical components to inform sequencing and timing of delivery
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills, including knowing when to apply sense of urgency, when to escalate and when to get more information
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for engineering and product teams as well as for business and executive teams
- Be data and metrics driven
- Able to effectively manage ambiguity and competing priorities. Help teams prioritize and focus
- Experience with lean, agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience with value stream mapping and continuous improvement
- Proven track record of building high performing teams
- Demonstrates exceptional relationship building skills with strong ability to influence others
- Proven history of working closely with business partners to successfully drive overall company objectives
- Experience working with remote teams and external partners
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Skilled in risk management, technical risk analysis, and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or related discipline. Business degree with engineering experience is also acceptable
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website