Every single team member makes Zulily an inclusive, innovative, and inspiring company—unified around our mission to deliver the best shopping experience for Moms. Zulily Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, writing, design, video production, operations, digital, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our internal teams. Collectively, we work together to innovate on our unique promise to Moms looking to find something unique and amazing prices for themselves, their families, and their homes. Zulily Creative is the in-house creative org dedicated to crafting compelling brand stories for head-of-household customers worldwide. Whether through copy, design, marketing, or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Zulily's dynamic story to shoppers everywhere.
The Content Operations Manager is responsible for directing a team of editors, copywriters, and producers in a high-production environment. The ideal candidate will lead the product detail page copy program: defining resources required, timelines and milestone with cross-functional team leads. Owning the day-to-day operations pertaining to expenses and personnel, this role must balance driving innovation and creativity. The manager is responsible for leading a team that achieves quality and production goals, while fostering a collaborative and creative environment.
Job Description Details
What you'll do:
- Lead the product detail page content program: defining resources required, timelines and milestone with cross-functional team leads
- Driving fiscal responsibility through production metrics and efficiency gains to achieve department budget targets
- Develop and implement systems for improving workflow, reducing expenses, and driving productivity and quality improvements with cross-functional partners
- Establishing and implementing quarterly objectives and key results focused on people, business, and the customer in support of Zulily company goals
- Managing individual performance; providing clear expectations, regular coaching and feedback, and performance management to align personal goals and business objectives
- Apply SEO, content development, distribution, and measurement to effectively tailor content to reach audience personas
- Ensure writers are delivering persuasive, SEO-enhanced product descriptions tailored to a range of target consumers
- Working closely with Marketing and Merchandising teams to ensure that standards meet and exceed overall company initiatives
- Leveraging a management team to ensure that the product copywriters are focused on improving the shopping experience for Zulily customers
- Collaborate with category leaders to learn about their businesses and how customers shop in those categories to deliver clear, concise information
- Analyze and report on content and site performance
- 5+ management experience at a brand, retailer, or agency
- Four-year degree in a related field
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, written, verbal and presentation
- Being self-driven, focused on continued development and goal-oriented with strong time-management skills
- Project management, including creating measurements, milestones, communication and return on investment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with eye towards building new processes and frameworks that enable efficiency and scalability
- Collaborative leadership and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Understanding the balance of individual, department, organization, and customer needs
- Monitor and manage the work of strategic vendor partners
- Strong collaboration, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
- Introduce and advocate for digital-first tools and approaches across the company
- Strengthen relationships with other departments, including Merch, Brand, Tech, and Legal
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and development opportunities for team members via training, workshops, constructive feedback, stretch assignments, support, and recognition
- Understanding of retail/ecommerce, including current industry trends and emerging marketing channels
- Knowledgeable on evolving SEO trends, retailer content requirements, and algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as communications, marketing, or business
- Experience and strong understanding of best practices for Editorial and Product Copy
- E-commerce or marketing background, preferably with enterprise or premium brands
- Experience working within a defined brand voice
- Experience editing copy and mentoring junior writers
- Keen awareness of the importance of brand consistency
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day—all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites
from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit www.zulily.com. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website