Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable an adaptable, intelligent and connected world. Xilinx's products aim to solve modern challenges such as the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and artificial intelligence (AI).
Within Xilinx the Design Software Verification team play a critical role in verifying the Xilinx EDA tool chain for both pre- and post-silicon support. As Xilinx expands its EDA portfolio in the cloud and AI compute space our testing challenge increases along with the need to expand the capabilities of our test automation.
As part of the automation team you will work on new automation as well as improving existing frameworks, using Python and bash. You will also improve the breadth and quality of data captured during testing and create analysis tools for those. This is an exciting and challenging role which will allow you to develop your software engineering and data analysis skills to the maximum.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Development of test infrastructure and automation using Python & Bash scripting, integration of test tools with an Elastic Search database
- Development of data analysis tools using Python
- Driving improvements to automated testing throughout Xilinx's test and development teams
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years' experience of development using Python as part of a software development or test automation team
- A strong understanding of OOP practices with practical experience of applying them to software design
- Honours Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical/Computer Engineering or related courses
Some skills it would be great for you to have:
- Using PANDAS or Scikit Learn
- Development of web applications
- Using Jenkins to automate build or test processes
- Bash scripting
Apply on company website