We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviors that we value in everything we do.
Join us now to realize your own future growth and success.
As Worldpay grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned finance team grows. Being a player in the payments processing industry requires a savvy team of experts who can easily navigate the often complex and sophisticated world of rules and regulations associated with running a large business. By ensuring our finances are clear and compliant, we can monitor and measure our successes and discover new areas for growth.
The Finance Data Scientist designs and develops methods and systems that have the ability to consolidate and analyze "big data" to generate insights and client solutions. He/she will develop and code software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse large datasets into meaningful information for gathering insight. By being able to draw conclusions from large, disparate sources of data, Worldpay can identify and pursue new opportunities and preempt trends to continue our exponential growth.
- Interacts with business finance leaders, business partners, pricing, demand and revenue forecasting teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments
- Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments
- Comfortable and able to challenge conclusions and impact business outcomes
- Draws on past experience and data to provide insightful analytics
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Understands how economic and business cycles factors impact business conditions
- Portfolio analytics of products and industry verticals
- Data modeling and feature engineering
- Previous programing experience -- OOP, Stats packages, scripting
- Effectively work with large and disparate datasets
- SQL, Hadoop environment experience (required for senior role)
- Experience with financial modeling and the 3 statements a plus
Predictive Modeling skills (senior role)
- Statistical programming experience in languages such as R/Python
- Formal training in inferential statistical analysis
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and numerical modeling skills
- Experience forecasting product demand and revenue
- Experience in conducting inferential analysis with spatial and time series data
- Experience with A/B testing, advanced Monte Carlo simulation, model validation and selection, building of ensemble models
Advanced analytical skills are a plus:
- Ability to employ game theoretic analysis (mechanism design, I/O theory) to solve complex business problems
- Ability to leverage Machine and Deep learning modeling to solve complex business problems
- Advanced quantitative degree required (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, physics ...)
- Early career role: Requires a Bachelor's degree
- Partner role: Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 2 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent experience
- Senior role: Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 4 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 2 years of experience; or equivalent experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills
Desired (senior role):
- Experience working in a fast paced corporate/business environment
- Experience communicating complex concepts to executive/senior leadership
- Ability to persuade/influence others with concise data/analytical summaries and visuals
Apply on company website