We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviors that we value in everything we do.
Join us now to realize your own future growth and success.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Senior Principal Architect designs a complete and complex framework, system or product in a way that addresses current issues or gaps of coverage. He/she will also proactively seek out inefficiencies and weaknesses in system design to preempt and avert future issues. In this role, he/she will have a significant influence on the shape and functioning of Worldpay's products by contributing to the framework architecture used across multiple systems.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
- Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product.
- Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, he/she uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Deep expertise in most technology domains (Applications, Data, Infrastructure, Operations, and Security).
- Expertise in technology trends and the relevance to business.
- Expertise in most IT business architecture areas including business process design and governance.
- Skills in directing large/complex federated teams comprised of direct reports, matrixed reports and 3rd parties.
- Large program implementation skills including risk management, project portfolio management and the planning, reporting and directing the work of others across multiple implementation projects concurrently.
- Mentors team members of multiple teams at multiple levels.
- A track record of organization-wide change, driven by significant, innovative ideas.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Collaborates closely with an arbitrary number of parties from the Worldpay, its partners and industry thought leaders.
- Works independently and consults with Worldpay's executives and industry leaders on high level, complex issues.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years of experience; or equivalent experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Apply on company website