JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include prenatal, postpartum, family planning, contraception, health promotion, preventative health screenings, routine obstetrics, gynecological services and biofeedback therapy. Unit utilizes an electronic medical record system.
- Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues to provide comprehensive womens health care throughout the lifespan, with an emphasis on reproductive, gynecologic, and family-centered health education while administering quality patient care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the obstetrical and gynecological population from menarche through the reminder of the lifespan.
- Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of common gynecologic acute and chronic healthcare issues.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patients condition.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
- Participate in outpatient and hospital call.
- Graduate from an accredited Nurse-Midwifery Program
- Certified by the American College of Nurse-Wife
- Current Florida ARNP Licensee.
- ACNM Certification Required
- Current CPR certification required.
- 3+ years Womens Health Care Midwife experience required
- Must be a quick and efficient self-starter
Must possess the ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of internal personnel, providers, personnel of outside organizations, and patients and their family members. Must possess good organizational skills, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and be able to work effectively with all levels of aforementioned groups.
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include prenatal, postpartum, family planning, contraception, health promotion, preventative he...
Apply on company website