The Community Coordinator works as a core part of our property management team to support and enhance the quality of life at Residences at Brighton Marine across key outcome areas: Benefits Navigation, Housing, Employment, Physical and Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Legal Services, Money Management, Wellness/Sports and Recreation, Individual and Family Support, and Education. The Community Coordinator works with residents, partners, and the community staff to identify needs, interests and opportunities for individuals and the community at large.
Utilizing community assessments and one-on-one coaching to establish community needs, the Community Coordinator builds on the targeted network of strong community partners established by the partner, Brighton Marine, to develop and coordinate resource referrals/follow-up, targeted interventions, on and off-site programs and support, and community engagement opportunities.
- Provide direct assistance, resource and program referral, and 1-1 coaching to individuals and families based on assessed need.
- Demonstrate skill and sound judgment in working with residents who are in recovery and/or managing mental illnesses, which may create challenges with resident communication and decision-making skills. Serve as a support agent by advocating and connecting residents to effective recovery-based services that will aid them in daily living.
- Establish and maintain open, working relationships with resident case managers and peer specialists focused on the well-being of the resident. Work especially closely with the following partners providing dedicated assistance to Residences at Brighton Marine Residents: Brighton Marine, VASH Case Managers, and HomeStart Case Managers.
- Maintain awareness of resident behavoirs that might indicate difficulty adapting or responding to healthy independent living (eg., missed assessment apointments, failure to attend or maintain abstinence, risk to self or others, disruptive behavoir), complete appropriate documentation, and report concerns to the appropriate case manager in a timely manner.
- Handle crisis interventions and addresses emergency situations without benefit of specific instructions. Such interventions will be carefully documented and communicated to the resident's case manager in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local service providers, resident leadership, community stakeholders and other community partners in order to coordinate resources for residents that address key community needs: Benefits Navigation, Housing, Employment, Physical and Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Legal Services, Money Management, Wellness/Sports and Recreation, Individual and Family Support, and Education.
- Collect, manage, report and analyze resident data, and ensure accuracy and consistency with established data. Collected data through annual resident questionnaire, resident touchpoints, community programs and activities, and through partner reporting.
- Create and implement annual Connected Communities plan for the community. Based on need, interest, and opportunities, create a comprehensive strategy for program development and implementation, information collection, partnership development, and budget implications.
- Provide community engagement programming utilizing community spaces and amenities, such as Cook Outs, Movie Nights, Game Nights, and Holiday events.
- Orient residents to programming, track scheduling, and promote participation in ongoing individual and group programming designed to support veterans in a variety of services areas such as employment, education, financial success, physical and mental well-being. Create and maintain a platform for resident communications regarding programming including quarterly community meetings, community newsletter and social media updates.
- Create and maintain Memorandum of Agreement (MOUs) with third parties providing services and programs on and off site for residents
- Manage property Connected Communities budget, review monthly financial reports and ensure accuracy in budget reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, or Vice President of Resident Services
High School diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree preferred
1-3 years of related experience with veterans and/or military services strongly preferred
1-3 years of social services case management experience
Comprehend and communicate complex verbal information to organization staff, clients, visitors and external customers
With 3,000 team members working across 500+ locations in 22 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.
Apply on company website