POSITION SUMMARY: Administers medicines based on current regulations specific to the state of Maine and supports assisted living residents in their activities of daily living. Also provides care that meets the physical and psychosocial needs of residents assigned.
1. Administers and documents non injectable medications in a safe, proper and accurate manner, according to duly authorized, licensed practitioner's written orders.
2. Administers nebulized medications, bee sting kits and injectable insulin with additional documented training by a Registered Nurse.
3. Utilizes recognized resources as needed to support safe and knowledgeable medication administration practices.
4. Stores, administers and/or destroys non injectable controlled substances according to the assisted living regulations of the state of Maine
5. Monitors the effects of medications and reports untoward responses according to facility policy.
6. Reports signs and symptoms that may require changes in medication to the physician.
7. Notifies the the duly authorized licensed practitioner within twenty-four (24) hours when such a prn psychotropic medication has been administered, unless otherwise instructed in writing by the duly authorized licensed practitioner.
8. Monitors and documents vital signs as required per medication standards and/or as ordered by the physician.
9. Obtains, documents, and report weights.
10. Completes documentation for medication records and residents' medical records.
11. Maintains confidentiality.
12. Maintains cleanliness and order.
13. Assists the licensed nurses and other staff as needed.
14. Obtains nurse coordination, oversight, and training as needed.
15. Transcribes physicians' orders accurately.
16. Orders and maintains an ample supply of medications so that there is an adequate supply available at all times.
17. Stores medications according to established standards.
18. Completes monthly medication recapitulation according to policy.
19. Prepares incident reports relating to medication errors.
20. Destroys discontinued and expired medications in accordance with regulations and policy.
21. Practices quality assurance procedures.
22. Provides assistance to the resident as needed with activities of daily living.
23. Assists residents with laundry, folding and storage.
24. Responds to residents' needs for emergency care in accordance with policies and procedures.
25. Prepares incident reports.
26. Assists with and participates in activities programs.
27. Is aware and knowledgeable of Resident Rights.
28. Maintains resident confidentiality.
29. Utilizes correct infection control practices during the course of duty.
30. Performs other duties as required.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. A Certified Residential Medication Aide has passed the state approved certification course in Maine and maintains current credentials, based on state re-certification guidelines.2. The CRMA must obtain education in the form of an 8-hour CRMA recertification prior to or within 30 days of certificate expiration.3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Casual/Per Diem
Req ID: 378258
Center Name: Windward Gardens Center
Apply on company website