Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Acute Care (Medical Surgical-Telemetry) Patient Care Technician for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Acute Care Department is a 23-bed medical surgical -telemetry unit. This unit is where patients receive active but short-term treatment for a server injury or episode of illness, an urgent medical condition, or during recovery from surgery.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours a week (72 hours per pay period)
Shift: 1st shift (7am-7pm)
Position Reports to: Acute Care Nurse Manager
Job Summary: The Patient Care Technician is responsible for patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation, and assisting with maintaining the patient's therapeutic social environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in meeting the physical and emotional needs of the patient
- Carry out assigned treatments and procedures including assisting in activities of daily living
- Adhere to established standards of practice
- Provide care based on ethical concepts, respect for life, dignity, human worth and the individuality of human beings
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have successfully completed an approved Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program: or three to six months related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Apply on company website