Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Family Birth Center RN for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Family Birth Center (FBC) consists of 10 spacious birthing suites; 4 recovery/post-partum rooms for C-section deliveries; and 3 observation rooms, C-section surgical suite conveniently located adjacent to the post-partum recovery rooms, Large walk-in showers (one birthing suite features a whirlpool tub), and Sweet Beginnings Boutique (Lactation Services) conveniently located inside the Family Birth Center lobby.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 36 hours per week (72 hours per pay period)
Shift: 3rd shift (7pm-7am)
Position Reports to: Director of Family Birth Center
Provide care based on philosophical and ethical concepts, such as reverence for life and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, autonomy, and individuality of each human being, and on a resolution to act dynamically in relation to people's beliefs and culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the physician, family, team members, and other hospital departments in developing and implementing a comprehensive plan of care for each patient.
- Participate in the patient/family education process. Evaluate and modify the plan of care based upon observable responses of the patient and attainment of patient goals.
- Implement a plan of care based on assessment data as well as a sound evidence-based knowledge.
Demonstrate clinical competency in the areas of antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, intra-operative care for c/sections, instrumental deliveries, and neonatal nursing through the application of the Nursing Process while adhering to established standards of practice, policies, and procedures.
Supervise and provide direction/guidance to other nursing personnel, float nursing, unit HUC, and PCT's. Act as a mentor to new BirthCenter personnel.
Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
Prefer Labor and Delivery experience. Must have Med/Surg experience, if no prior Labor & Delivery experience.
Current NRP,BLS, or obtains Neonatal Resuscitation Certification within 3-6 months of date of hire.
Recent attendance at Basic and Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Courses or completion of courses within 9 months of hire. Completion of ACLS within one year of hire. STABLE within one year of hire.
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Apply on company website