To learn more about how Willamette Dental Group is keeping our employees safe, please visit https://willamettedental.com/safety/
In partnership with the Managing Dentist, the purpose of the Practice Manager is to ensure that the dental office provides exemplary customer service, via engaged employees, in an efficient, profitable manner. The Practice Manager is responsible for all activities of a dental office to ensure efficient and effective operation in the caring for dental patients; ensures that corporate policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
Essential Position Functions
- Take ownership of entire office staff including, but not limited to, customer loyalty, employee engagement, financials, marketing, staffing, facilities, patient count, office efficiencies and legal compliance.
- Regularly monitor all key performance areas of office, e.g., budget, staffing levels, schedules, OTC collections, Balanced Scorecard objectives, outside & internal referrals, doctor productivity; and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Regularly identify opportunities for, and threats to, success of overall office and takes action.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed and that all core values are exemplified and propagated throughout the office.
- Ensure that every patient encounter is a “wow” experience.
- Ensure that all patient access standards are met at all times.
- Ensure work environment is safe & healthful at all times, and that all work practices comply with OSHA/OR-OSHA/WISHA requirements.
- Resolve patient complaints.
- Forecast and monitor staffing needs and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Coach and mentor staff by example and through timely use of clearly communicated expectations, action plans, progress meetings, performance reviews, etc.
- Ensure productive, team-oriented work environment free of harassment and other undesirable, non-productive behaviors.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to provide information to staff and solicit feedback from
- Ensure achievement of all financial goals, e.g., EBITDA.
- Provide stewardship of all financial affairs of the office.
- Prepare, submit and monitor entire office budget.
- Partner with marketing department to promote Willamette Dental to current and prospective customer, employer groups, brokers, etc.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are followed, e.g., HIPAA, FDA.
Non-Essential Position Functions
- Ensure that the office has engaged workforce at all times.
- Make patient account adjustments as necessary and prudent.
- Ensure sufficient availability of dental equipment, materials and supplies.
- Monitor all expenses regularly and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure daily deposit of cash receipts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in healthcare administration and a minimum of two years' experience in management role preferably in healthcare OR equivalent combination of education and experience which will provide the ability to perform the essential functions of the position. Master's degree in business or healthcare administration is desirable. A demonstrated background in significant leadership roles with a history of setting and achieving “stretch” goals is preferred.
- Management principles, e.g., planning, organizing, leading, controlling.
- Company's model of practicing dentistry, e.g., EBD, capitation, advanced access.
- Company policies and procedures.
- Budgeting, financial and accounting principles.
- All legal and regulatory compliance requirements, e.g., HIPAA, OSHA, DEA.
- Healthcare industry in general, and the dental industry specifically, and how they impact the company, e.g., trends, opportunities, threats.
- Dentistry basics, e.g., oral anatomy, oral disease, treatment modalities.
- Creating an extremely strong customer service environment.
- Building and maintaining a high-performing work team.
- Creating and monitoring budgets and making appropriate adjustments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Must have the ability to communicate effectively, influence others, facilitate processes and coach/mentor employees.
- Microsoft Office software.
- Take ownership of entire office.
- Simultaneously manage all aspects of a complex operation.
- Easily see interrelationships among financial, operational, staff and customer activities.
- Regularly and easily identify new opportunities for improvement and then take action.
- Think strategically as well as tactically.
- Think creatively, “outside the box” and develop new methods of achieving goals.
- Make effective, timely judgments in complex, ambiguous circumstances.
- Project long-term effects of decisions and their impact on other facets of the office and company.
- Easily translate data and figures into meaningful action.
- Embrace and lead change.
- Create and sustain highly engaged, high-performing work teams.
- Envision and implement new and effective means for increasing utilization of office staff.
- Create “win-win” solutions with staffing changes and adjustments.
- Form an effective and productive partnership with the managing dentist.
- Relate to others in a respectful, constructive manner.
- Communicate effectively and articulately in both oral and written forms.
- Embrace and promote company's model of practicing dentistry.
- Uphold and exemplify the company's core values.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to customers, employer groups, brokers, professional associations and the public.
- Travel to off-site meetings including periodic overnight stays.
- A stable, dentist-owned private company with an eye on the future.
- Excellent benefits, including paid time off, 401K with generous company match, and medical dental, life and disability insurances. Tuition reimbursement.
- A culture of inclusivity and respect in line with our core values of Health, Compassion, Innovation and Integrity.
- Supportive community outreach dollars and encouragement to volunteer.
- Thorough employee orientation and onboarding.
- A provider and employer of choice in the Northwest for 50 years.
- Dental insurance + providers in over 50 general and specialty offices in OR, WA and ID.
- Dedicated to proactive care to facilitate the best possible outcomes.
Willamette Dental Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
This position may be exposed to PHI in the course of his/her duties, and will handle protected information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Apply on company website