To learn more about how Willamette Dental Group is keeping our employees safe, please visit https://willamettedental.com/safety/
In partnership with the clinical team, the Care Advocate provides quality customer service through the coordination of patient flow and effective communication with patients, doctors, practice managers and clinic staff. The Care Advocate acts as the bridge for communication between patients, clinic staff and appointment center representatives by monitoring treatment completion, facilitating oral health improvement initiatives, and focusing on patient engagement.
- Oversees the daily schedule and seeks opportunity to maximize scheduling efficiencies.
- Ensures charts are organized, maintained, prepared and available for patient appointments.
- Works with practice Manager to ensure adequate inventory for all patient products.
- Responsible for opening and closing the clinic
- Takes incoming calls and makes outgoing calls when necessary.
- Initiates a partnership and builds rapport with patients by providing thorough and accurate information and addressing any patient questions or concerns related to their treatment plan
- Partner with clinical team to enhance understanding of dental procedures, treatment series, and interventions to enhance patient understanding.
- Ensures coordination of care by scheduling and reinforcing recalls, referrals to internal and external providers, and answering patient questions related to their care.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary coursework is desirable. Minimum 2 years customer service experience.
- Warm, friendly, engaging personality.
- Medical/Dental clinic or healthcare experience desirable, including strong knowledge of HIPAA compliance procedures.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows applications
- Knowledge of cash handling and payment procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to manage conflict; identify alternative means of communication as needed; and communicate effectively and professionally with patients and team members.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and follow guidelines accurately.
- Ability to change work schedules.
- Is flexible and willing to work at any location on a temporary basis when the need arises.
- A stable, dentist-owned private company with an eye on the future.
- Excellent benefits, including paid time off, 401K with generous company match, and medical dental, life and disability insurances. Tuition reimbursement.
- A culture of inclusivity and respect in line with our core values of Health, Compassion, Innovation and Integrity.
- Supportive community outreach dollars and encouragement to volunteer.
- Thorough employee orientation and onboarding.
- A provider and employer of choice in the Northwest for 50 years.
- Dental insurance + providers in over 50 general and specialty offices in OR, WA and ID.
- Dedicated to proactive care to facilitate the best possible outcomes.
Willamette Dental Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
This position may be exposed to PHI in the course of his/her duties, and will handle protected information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
Apply on company website