Westwood is looking for a Full or Part Time 11p to 7a Medical Assistant. Hours can be flexible for the candidate. Please contact Jennifer Murphy at 603-352-7311 or by email at email@example.com
Under the direction of the Center Medical Director as delegated to the Center Nurse Executive, the Medical Assitant-Clincial delivers efficient and effective clinical care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she will function within the standards of practice as accorded by their Certification. The MAC performs various patient care activities and related non-professional services essential to high quality clinical care, and caring for personal needs and comfort of patients. In addition, The MAC assists the professional nursing staff by performing in a leadership role for the C.N.A./L.N.A. staff.
1. Provides patient care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Patient care includes, but is not limited to:
1.1. Assists patient with or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL);
1.2. Obtains and records Vital Signs and weights per policy;
1.3. Assists patients with ambulation and transfers;
1.4. Positions residents in correct body alignment in and out of bed;
1.5. Applies adaptive equipment as ordered;
1.6. Cares for personal belongings;
1.7. Assists physician and/or licensed nurse with treatments and procedures as needed;
2. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds;
3. Performs CLIA approved tests according to competency which may include:
3.1 Blood Glucose Testing
3.2 INR Tests
3.3 Urine Dip Tests and Urine Collection Tests
3.4 Swab Cultures
3.5 Fecal Collection Tests
3.6 Bladder Scanning
4. Conducts control tests for CLIA equipment according to schedule and addresses discrepencies.
5. Assists in assuring adequate nursing supplies are stored and available on unit.
6. Accompanies patients when transported outside the center for appointments as requested;
7. Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area;
8. Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing;
9. Participates in the care planning process and implements care according to care plan;
10. Performs skin and wound care treatments in accordance with certification and competency.
11. Applies clean and sterile dressings, slings, stockings, and support bandages, under direction of the licensed nurse, as permitted by state regulation;
12. Feeds or assists patients with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per care plan;
13. Records patient's oral intake and output;
14. Uses Point Click Care (PCC -- ADL POC) according to the Business Processes, if applicable;
15. Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents;
16. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all residents. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
17. Participates in the orientation of new medical assistants; may also participant in the interviewing of prospective new hires
18. Reports changes in patient's condition, patient/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and/or supervisor;
19. Assists with patient discharge as requested;
20. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment.
21. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual's needs, choices and preferences;
22. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
23. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
24. Assists the Charge Nurse or Unit Manger develop clinical assignments for patient care
25. Participates in Culture Change and Patient Center-Care initiatives
26. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
27. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Successful completion of a state approved certified medical assistant program.2. Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant class.3. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn. 4. Must attend a minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center in order to maintain certification.5. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.6. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 341263
Center Name: Westwood Center
Apply on company website