Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
The Trauma Program Manager, working collaboratively with the program Medical Director(s) and the Executive Nursing Director, is responsible for all operational aspects and evaluation of the Trauma program. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring programs meet regulatory compliance, including, but not limited to, NH Trauma State Designation, CMS Core Measures and the State of New Hampshire. The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating Trauma re-designation activities. The Program Manager is responsible for review of quality data and for the development of action plans based on analysis and synthesis of data. In collaboration with the Medical Director(s) and the clinical team, is responsible for developing systems to enhance coordination of care across the continuum, community outreach and education, EMS outreach and education, staff and physician education. The role includes translating research into practice through the management of protocols/pathways, order sets and other resources to support programs; acting as a resource to colleagues across disciplines; serving as role model/leader in process improvement initiatives for trauma care. She/he will function as a role model and develop, introduce and evaluate new approaches to trauma care. Responsible for Trauma Registry.
1. Assures compliance with all Trauma program standards.
o Collaborates with program Medical Director and clinical team to identify the required data components.
o Assists Trauma Medical Director and hospital administration in the development, implementation and evaluation of a multi-disciplinary and outcomes focused quality plan.
o Coordinates the Trauma Performance Improvement Program.
o Collaborates with Quality to review medical records for compliance to standards
o Prepares data reports and leads multidisciplinary team in review and analysis of reliability data.
o Develops and implements action plans based on data analysis to improve program metrics.
o Prepares, submits and presents quality data to Trauma PIPS.
2. Coordinates Trauma Program re-designation.
o Collaborates with Medical Director and Trauma Performance Improvement Committee to develop program mission, vision and goals.
o Maintains documentation required for State Trauma re-designation.
o Conducts annual gap analysis and implements action plans to ensure continued compliance.
o Develops and revises program policies and procedures as required.
3. Develops systems to enhance coordination of care across the continuum.
o Collaborates with clinical staff, affiliated and non-affiliated organizations, to ensure effective transitions of care for trauma patients.
o Provides ongoing oversight of inpatient trauma care at WDH
4. Provides direction on community outreach, education and marketing.
o Develops community education plan for adult and pediatric trauma populations.
o Participates in injury prevention efforts for adult and pediatric trauma populations
o Collaborates with EMS Coordinator to evaluate educational needs and provide Trauma specific education.
o Collaborates with EMS Coordinator to provide timely feedback to Emergency Medical Services staff on pre hospital Trauma care.
5. Translates research into practice.
o Maintains TNCC and obtains 3 hours of annual trauma education and utilizes knowledge gained to align trauma program with best practices.
o Collaborates with Medical Director(s) and multidisciplinary teams to establish evidence based protocols.
o Ensures content of trauma order sets reflect best practice and are evidence based.
o Ensures trauma clinical pathways/protocols reflect current clinical practice guidelines.
o Champions evidence based practice through case review and provides timely feedback to clinical staff.
6. Serves as resource in Trauma patient care.
o Serves as a consultant on the implementation of Trauma standards.
o Assists staff in the coordination of Trauma care.
o Collaborates with leadership and education department to ensure staff maintain the required competencies to provide clinical care.
o Functions as a role model for the documentation of trauma care (diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, goal setting).
7. Responsible for Trauma registry.
o Maintains trauma team activation's and trauma alerts in registry.
o Maintains trauma transfer data in the registry.
o Uses trauma registry data for multidisciplinary peer review.
o Assures that the trauma registry supports the PIPS process.
Experience Minimum Required
• 3-5 years clinical experience with Trauma patient populations
• Previous experience as Trauma Coordinator/Manager and 3-5 years critical care experience (ED/CCU).
Education Minimum Required
• Masters Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field.
Training Minimum Required
• Excellent organizational skills to support project management
• High level of analytical skills to evaluate, develop and implement systems
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing, report preparation and in public presentation
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborate with multidisciplinary team
• Basic knowledge of process improvement techniques, tools and methods
• Ability to research and synthesize health literature
• Proficient in computer systems and in managing data.
• Training Preferred/Desired
• Lean or Six Sigma experience.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• ACLS, BLS TNCC
• Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Registered Nurse (NH)
Apply on company website