Current opening for a per diem inpatient PT position. Work with a variety of patient populations and be part of our Joint Replacement and Spine Center Team. Scheduled multi-disciplinary patient rounds with inpatient providers fostering a patient centered culture in the department. The position will allow you to grow your acute PT skills working along an experienced multi-disciplinary team. There is opportunity for daily collaboration with hospitalists, case managers, social workers, nursing, provider specialists, occupational therapists and speech therapist to support related therapeutic needs.
1. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to patient evaluation and development of care plan.
o Selects tools, tests and measures appropriate to patient age and diagnosis.
o Recognizes deviations from anticipated assessment findings.
o Establishes and prioritizes functional, measurable goals and includes time frames.
o Establishes treatment plans based on examination findings.
o Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the administration of therapeutic interventions.
o Provides care that maintains patient confidentiality, comfort and safety.
o Administers therapeutic agents and exercise programs according to clinical procedures.
o Selects, provides and instructs in the use of adaptive equipment.
o Assesses patient response to intervention and adjusts care appropriately
o Performs reassessment and goal adjustment according to policy.
o Instructs patient/family in the patient's therapeutic program, including discharge planning.
2. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the documentation of clinical care.
o Maintains medical record including assessment, interventions and clinical response.
o Obtains and reviews all required insurance authorizations and physician signatures.
o Documents patient outcomes that reflect goal achievement.
o Completes physician progress reports and discharge summaries according to department policy.
o Records accurate patient charges on a daily basis.
3. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the communication of clinical and operational information.
o Participates in daily inpatient discharge planning rounds.
o Provides patient status report for weekend/vacation coverage and orthopedic rounds.
o Communicates with other providers regarding the needs and capabilities of each patient.
o Communicates patient status report according to insurance company requirements.
o Provides verbal and written information to patient/family.
4. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to receiving and providing education.
o Identifies educational needs and seeks opportunities for improvement.
o Attends a minimum of one out of hospital rehabilitation program.
o Facilitates rehabilitation staff education regarding out of hospital education program.
o Maintains continuing education record semiannually.
o Completes clinical competencies annually.
o Serves as a resource for other departments and staff.
5. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the supervision of support staff.
o Assigns patients to Physical Therapist Assistants and communicates all pertinent patient information
o Re-evaluates Physical Therapist Assistants patients according to department policy.
o Provides continuous consultation with Physical Therapist Assistants.
o Directs and supervises aides.
o Directs and supervises secretarial staff relating to daily operations.
Experience Minimum Required
• Over one month Staff Physical Therapist
• Over one year Staff Physical Therapist in an acute care, general hospital
Education Minimum Required
• BA or BS in Physical Therapy or BS in Science-biology, chemistry with a Physical Therapy Certificate
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• CPR, NH License
Apply on company website