At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to patient evaluation and development of care plan. a. Selects tools, tests and measures appropriate to patient age and diagnosis.
- Recognizes deviations from anticipated assessment findings.
- Establishes and prioritizes functional, measurable goals and includes time frames.
- Establishes treatment plans based on examination findings.
- Performs video fluoroscopy and modified barium swallow assessments per protocol.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the administration of therapeutic interventions. a. Provides care that maintains patient confidentiality, comfort and safety.
- Administers exercise programs according to clinical procedures.
- Selects, provides and instructs in the use of alternative communication devices.
- Assesses patient response to intervention and adjusts care appropriately
- Performs reassessment and goal adjustment according to policy.
- Instructs patient/family in the patient's therapeutic program, including discharge planning.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the documentation of clinical care.
- Obtains and reviews all required insurance authorizations and physician signatures.
- Maintains medical record including assessment, interventions and clinical response.
- Documents patient outcomes that reflect goal achievement.
- Completes physician progress reports and discharge summaries according to department policy.
- Records accurate patient charges on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the communication of clinical and operational information.
- Participates in daily inpatient discharge planning rounds.
- Provides patient status report for vacation coverage.
- Communicates with other providers regarding the needs and capabilities of each patient.
- Communicates patient status report according to insurance company requirements.
- Provides verbal and written information to patient/family.
- Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to receiving and providing education.
- Identifies educational needs and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Attends a minimum of one out of hospital rehabilitation programs.
- Facilitates rehabilitation staff education regarding out of hospital education program.
- Maintains continuing education record semiannually.
- Completes clinical competencies annually.
- Serves as a resource for other departments and staff.
Experience Minimum Required Minimum one year as a Speech Pathologist in an acute care setting or if no experience, supervised graduate school placement in acute care setting. Experience with speech, language, cognitive-communications and swallowing disorders. Experience Preferred/Desired Over 3 years as a Speech Pathologist Education Minimum Required Masters Degree in Speech/Language Therapy or Communication Disorders Licensure and/or Certifications Required CPR, NH License, CCC
Apply on company website