Respiratory Therapist 36 hr. Days - (3183274) Description
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Granted the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (trademark); 2016 by Healthgrades, Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. The RCP II is a mid-level practice RCP, with basic assessment and therapeutic skills in multiple patient populations, and advanced assessment/Skills in select areas or age groups. The RCP II is expected to have higher knowledge, skill, and abilities level than the RCP I, and to routinely perform at that level. The RCP II is expected to routinely perform and interact as a professional. The RCP II can handle most circumstances that may arise pertaining to respiratory care with minimal supervision. Expected to routinely perform and interact as a professional. The RCP II can handle most circumstances that may arise pertaining to respiratory care with occasional supervision. Clinical Practice - Administers basic respiratory care therapeutics and diagnostic services with skill and proficiency. Routinely integrates knowledge, skills and experience to promote optimum care for the patient.
o Consistently performs basic clinical assessments of cardiopulmonary system with high degree of accuracy. Occasionally performs more thorough, advanced cardiopulmonary clinical assessments, with appropriate inclusion of other systems (e.g., cardiovascular, nutritional, neurologic, etc.).
o Performs weaning mechanics as ordered with high proficiency in >90% of the ventilator patients cared for.
o Routinely develops or refines the ventilator care plan and communicates to the patient care team.
o Interprets diagnostic and monitoring data with moderate-to-high precision.
o Routinely integrates patient diagnostic data, response-to-therapy, and the physiologic profile to create a plan-of-care that is sound and consistent with the department standard-of-care.
o Uses effective time management in work organization and triaging.
o With consideration for work assignment, routinely (>90%) completes work assignment with minimal assistance.
o Administers basic respiratory therapeutic interventions with high proficiency and minimal-to-no-supervision. Participates in Medical Response Team with high degree of assessment skills.
o Is proficient in operating all mechanical ventilators used in-house.
o Collects specimens, performs basic and more complex diagnostic testing (e.g. CCU & ER bronchoscopy, Pre/post spirometry, overnight oximetry studies) and validates the quality of the results with moderate-to-high proficiency and minimal supervision.
2. Teamwork - Works effectively and appropriately communicates with other healthcare members, the patient, and families
o Documents >95% of care provided with high degree of accuracy in 95% of the patients cared for.
o Provides educational training to patient and/or family members as appropriate.
o Consistently communicates with healthcare members on the care plan, and does so in a manner consistent with the Organization standards.
o Actively seeks ways to assist other members of the healthcare team. Is generally recognized by peers and supervisory staff as collaborative and helpful, and has no more than 1 substantiated complaint form staff/co-workers during the evaluation year.
o Consistently meets established productivity standards.
o Takes a role in training, education, orientation and student clinical time.
o Attends assigned committee meetings and reports findings to peers.
3. Quality - Utilizes standards, guidelines, protocols and pathways for optimal care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continually improve care and practice to enhance outcome.
o Applies departmental protocols and clinical practice guidelines with high precision and compliance when indicated, and does so with minimal supervision. Routinely applies new techniques and procedures with high proficiency within 30 days of training/orientation.
o Understands the value of QI, the tools used in QI and the performance indicators used in QI.
o Routinely (80%) records data for the QI processes with the department (Mechanical ventilation and non-invasive positive pressure ventilation audit tools, COPD pathways, reporting ABG critical values, etc.)
4. Professional Development - Assumes responsibility for self-development through continuing education pathways. Evidenced by direct observation, interview, peer feedback and documentation.
o Successfully completes at least 12 non-mandatory continuing education units and provides documented evidence to the department for the evaluation year.
o Successfully completes all of the departmental, hospital and system competencies required for job category within the designated timeframe.
o Supports the advancement of the respiratory care profession by participating in at least two system, hospital, department, or professional initiatives.
Experience Minimum Required
• Clinical rotations with all age groups in all aspects of respiratory care.
• Working experience in an acute care setting with at least one age group.
• 1 year of acute care hospital clinical experience as a practicing RCP.
• 3 years of acute care hospital clinical and diagnostic experience.
Education Minimum Required
• Graduate of an (accredited American Medical Association/JRCRTE/COARC) Respiratory Education Program.
• Associates degree from an advanced level education program.
• Training Minimum Required
• Age specific criteria.
• Training in at least two age populations.
• Training Preferred/Desired
• Training experience in multiple age populations.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Basic computer skills, Arterial Puncture, Mechanical Ventilation, Critical Thinking Skills, Diagnostic, Assessment and Therapeudic skills.
• Good communication skills, HCP-BCLS
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Advanced assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic skills and ventilator management skills with all age populations.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• NH RCP License.
• Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired
• ACLS , CPFT, NRP, PALS , RPFT, RRT
· Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
· Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Apply on company website