Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Performs and reports testing procedures in an accurate manner.
o Performs testing according to department policies with minimal supervision. Recognizes deviation from expected results; analyzes and corrects problems.
o Ensures test results correlate with each other and patient's available LIS history. Understands age specific normal values.
o Accurately enters results into the LIS. Timely review all manually entered results.
o Calls all critical results according to policies MS-48 and Critical Value Reporting (Lab Policy).
o Performs proficiency testing in each department as assigned. Completes competency assessments for each assigned section.
o Prints and reviews pending reports making sure to resolve any problems.
2. Participates in QC/Maintenance activities within the department.
o Performs and documents various quality control and equipment procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations. Takes remedial action when necessary. Document and alerts supervisor to unresolved problems.
o Performs other job related duties as assigned by supervisor, manager, or director.
o Performs routine maintenance on department instruments.
o Trouble shoots downed instruments with little or no supervision. Consistently records any problems in instrument log book. Notifies supervisor or person in charge in a timely manner.
o Completely and accurately reviews, verifies, and or signs/dates all designated documents according to department policies and established timeframes.
o Seeks solutions to resolve unexpected problems that arise. Recognizes when and when not to contact supervisor or person in charge with help resolving issues.
o Restocks work areas with supplies.
3. Performs and reports tests within established timeframes.
o Performs routine tests within established timeframes.
o Performs STAT tests as a priority in regard to routine tests.
o Prioritizes patient samples over remedial tasks.
o Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to other departments when assigned work is complete
o Completes work left from previous shift as required.
o Acknowledges and responds tactfully to requests.
o Remains current with new/revised procedures and methods in the laboratory.
4. Adheres to safety standards and is an asset to the department.
o Prevents and takes corrective action for physical safety, sanitation, and infection control within work area.
o Dependable, punctual, and adheres to the policy for covering unscheduled absences.
o Communicates effectively with the next shift.
Experience Minimum Required
• Internship must be completed through their appropriate accredited Medical Technology program.
• One year of experience preferred
Education Minimum Required
• Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory, chemical, physical, or biological; OR Associate degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education and training in accordance with CLIA regulations.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Laboratory generalist.
• Computer knowledge.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Licensure is required within 6 months of graduation from an accredited Medical Technology program or an active license if the applicant has graduated six months or more, from an accredited program.
• ASCP or AMT or HEW
Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired
Apply on company website