Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
We are looking for a candidate who is looking for an integrated care approach. Someone who will do in the moment consultations and can work with a collaborative multi-disciplinary care team as well as providing brief interventions. This position will be shared between Primary Care at Pease and the Women's Health center.
The ideal candidate will provide assessment, crisis intervention, behavioral health counseling, and psycho-educational/support groups. To communicate with an interdisciplinary treatment team, and make resource referrals as needed. Must have excellent problem solving skills; the ability to work
independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team with a focus on short term, solution focused, skills-based intervention model; working knowledge of current version of DSM; the ability to thrive in a fast-paced,
team-oriented environment; some knowledge of psychiatric medications.
Experience Minimum Required
• 3-5 years of independent counseling at the licensed level
• Over 5 years of independent counseling at the LICSW level with children, families and adults; specialty certifications in areas such as substance abuse, crisis or grief.
Education Minimum Required
• Licensed in NH
• Licensed in NH and ME
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to organize time and establish priorities; ability to communicate in written, electronic and verbal formats; ability to give and receive information over the telephone; ability to make effective judgements and decisions based on objective criteria.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and handle sensitive issues; ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Calm, reassuring, empathetic demeanor; flexible, professional in interactions with people at all levels; ability to work with a wide range of patient conditions, personalities, and cultures; ability to provide good internal and external customer service.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Ability to assess and diagnose mental disorders.
• Ability to provide treatment using multiple modalities of acceptable practice.
Apply on company website