Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Information Systems Service Desk coverage and support.
a. Cover Service Desk phone and email for incoming customer contacts ensuring high availability to our customers.
b. Consistently resolve customer incidents and requests of low technical complexity independently, at the first point of contact, making use of the ServiceNow Knowledge Base and other resources. Resolves customer incidents and requests of medium technical complexity with assistance from Technicians. Target first contact resolution rate to be set annually by Service Desk Supervisor.
c. Maintain a high compliance rate with response and resolution time SLAs for assigned tickets. Target rates to be set annually by Service Desk Supervisor.
d. Assign/escalate issues to the appropriate resource with adequate ticket detail.
e. Consistently perform duties of low technical complexity on Service Desk daily/weekly/monthly task list independently.
f. Identify opportunities for improving the performance, reliability and ease of use of systems and conveys this information to the Service Desk Technicians and/or Service Desk Supervisor.
g. Perform routine system administration as required, including but not limited to adding and configuring new user accounts and groups.
2. Customer service and support.
a. Answer phone and reply to e-mails with a positive, professional demeanor, responding appropriately to customer urgency.
b. Discuss needs with customers, asking clarifying questions as needed to understand customer needs.
c. Explain solutions and suggests procedural improvements and training tips to our customers.
d. Convey problems and requests voiced by our customers back to the Service Desk Technicians and/or Service Desk Supervisor.
e. Maintain knowledge of WDHS and IS organization, applying knowledge to assist customers in getting their requests properly directed to appropriate individuals and groups.
f. Follow through on customer contacts, ensuring customer's needs are met in a timely fashion.
g. Receive positive feedback via Star Cards and ServiceNow surveys.
3. Service Desk documentation and use of ServiceNow Knowledge Base.
a. Open accurately detailed tickets for all customer contacts, includes pertinent information when at all possible.
b. Frequent and timely updates to ServiceNow tickets.
c. Clear documentation of Resolution to assist future resolution of similar issues.
d. Create ServiceNow Knowledge Base articles to share knowledge among IS Department staff and expand skill set of Service Desk team members.
4. Installation, repair and preventative maintenance of WDH IS Department supported, computer-related equipment.
a. Perform installation, configuration, repair, maintenance and support of low technical complexity for computer equipment, peripherals, tablets and other computer-related hardware.
b. Perform initial builds and software installations for new user equipment and projects.
5. Technical knowledge of clinical, administrative and desktop applications.
a. Cross-train with Technical Services and/or IS Department staff.
b. Makes use of available resources to improve technical knowledge (CBTs, books, training events, webinars, etc).
6. Assist IT Asset Mgmt Admin with receiving and warehouse duties.
a. Responsible for hardware asset tracking to include receiving, tagging, scanning/tracking, reconciliation, and disposal.
b. Receive all equipment into the Locust St. warehouse.
c. Inventory all equipment as it comes into and leaves the warehouse.
d. Issue equipment to the technicians.
e. Track the warrantees of all equipment. Process and track all RMA equipment.
f. Maintain an adequate inventory of IT hardware.
g. Prepare end-of-life hardware for disposal.
Experience Minimum Required
• 1-2 years of Service Desk or Customer Service experience
• 1-2 years of receiving/warehouse experience
• 1-2 years of experience gained in a Health Care setting
Education Minimum Required
• High School graduation.
• College or trade school course work.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Service orientation. Familiarity with solutions to common PC related issues. Ability to deal with customers across levels of the organization. High attention to detail and ability to multitask. Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations. Ability to exercise judgment within parameters provided to achieve desired outcomes. Good time management.
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Pallet jack experience.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired
• HDI Customer Support Representative certification, or equivalent desirable.
Apply on company website